Best bino tripod adapter for meopta 15x56???

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
I have a new pair of Meopta Mostar 15x56 binoculars headed my way, but unfortunately the lady at meopta that I ordered from was unsure if their tripod adapter would work with the 15x56 because of the barrel thickness.
Does anyone know what system works well with these meopta Mostar 15x56's? Thanks

I started with the Field Optics Research, which was serviceable and got me through a year. But there is some play in it which causes some movement when your eyes touch your eyecups or in a stiff breeze. I upgraded to the Outdoorsman and it's the way to go. If you're going to spend $1600 bucks on binos it's best to drop an extra $80 and have a solid connection to your tripod head.

OP

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds good Hatchet!
So are you running the meopta 15x56's as well?

efnm

WKR
I'm running the outdoorsmans stud and adapter on those binos and it works great. Great enough that I bought the smaller adapter for my 10x42's.

OP

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
Now what's a good tripod for these and the s2 82mm spotter I ordered? Lol
Thinking about these two
promaster xc525 carbon with the bernos2 video head.
Siruit-1205x carbon and manfroto128rc fluid head
The second option is about 75 dollars cheaper...........thought or other suggestions for around the same money? Thanks

Yes i'm using the Cabelas branded meopta 15x56 and I also use the outdoorsmans adaptor for my zeiss conquest 10x42. Great combination and it takes me about 10 seconds to switch them out on the tripod. I think you'll be more than happy with your binos and scope.

I don't have experience with those tripods but for heads I would go with manfrotto 700rc2, it's a touch heavier than the benro but it's better. the 128rc is actually a pretty big head, which if you're not backpacking much it would work great too.

TheCougar

WKR
Yes i'm using the Cabelas branded meopta 15x56 and I also use the outdoorsmans adaptor for my zeiss conquest 10x42. Great combination and it takes me about 10 seconds to switch them out on the tripod. I think you'll be more than happy with your binos and scope.

I don't have experience with those tripods but for heads I would go with manfrotto 700rc2, it's a touch heavier than the benro but it's better. the 128rc is actually a pretty big head, which if you're not backpacking much it would work great too.

I'm debating between meopta and zeiss conquest 15x. Which glass do you prefer, since you have both brands?