Meopta vs Zeiss 15x

TheCougar

WKR
I'm seriously considering getting some 15x binos. I'm down to Zeiss Conquest and the Meoptas. Has anyone used both of these that can recommend either based on glass quality, durability/build quality, and customer service? Thanks!

I have compared both 15s side by side in all kinds of light and I really don't think you can go wrong. I did feel like the Meopta have a greater depth of field meaning I don't have to refocus as much when I'm glassing different distances. The Zeiss have a faster focus which I kind of like. They also have a wider field of view on paper but it's hard to notice. Overall I tend to like the meoptas. They just seemed a bit easier to get comfortable in. That's probably because that's what I'm used to using the most and they fit my face great. Optically I'd say they are very close to each other. I'd go with whatever gets you the best deal and be prepared to find a bunch of critters.

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
I thought the meopta had a warmer look to them. Also if you are prior military, they offer a VERY nice discount

packer58

WKR
I can't speak for the Zeiss big eyes but i absolutely love my 15X56 Meoptas.......

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Thanks gents. I get military discount on both brands, and they are the only two in my budget that have very narrow IPD.

2blade

WKR
Thanks gents. I get military discount on both brands, and they are the only two in my budget that have very narrow IPD.

Although I have not tried them, I'd go with the zeiss and the 54mm ipd. I tried the meopta with the 56mm ipd, I measure 58mm ipd. With the lense caps on they take up enough space that they are to far apart. I had to offset them to get them in enough. If used on a tripod you will need to use a strap as well. In the end I sent them back. The swaro's will work but more moneys involved.