Ball head or Pan head

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I have a benro TSL08CN00 tripod and it came with a ball head. Should I switch it out for the benro S2 head or just use what came with it? What are the advantages of one or the other?

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like the weight of that tripod? I'm looking at getting one, interested I the answers you receive on the head also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
That benro tripod is such a great deal!! My buddy has that tripod and put the S2 head on it, he couldn't be happier! I have a Slik 634 tripod and also have the S2. It's a great upgrade over a ball head. Works great glassing with binos, small spotter and my full size 88mm spotter. Congrats on a fine purchase.

Pro953

WKR
Like all things it's really a personal preference. That said If the funds are not a issue and you plan to glass a lot, go with the pan head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
IME, the ball heads are just a little bit herky-jerkier than a pan head...but the pan heads are usually a little heavier.

I prefer the Pan heads

FURMAN

WKR
As others have already stated pan head is the way to go for glassing.

AlaskaEd

WKR
My Sirui has a ball head with a fluid panning lower section, so you get the advantage of both. It's the C-10S head. Maybe that's an option in you like both?