Leupold VX-6 HD

treillw

WKR
Looks like a pretty good scope at a good price point. Anybody try one? Thoughts? Anything better at this price point? Tracking?

​​​​​​​Thanks!

brocksw

WKR
Great scope if you're referring to the new version that came out this year. I'm looking at the 3-18x50 cdsz myself. I compared the vx6 directly to the Zeiss conquest V6 in 3-18. The Zeiss has more MOA of adjustment (103 vs 75) and I felt it was a little cleaner and had a better finish. As far as image quality, brightness, eye relief, sharpness, I felt the leupold had the slight edge. The reticle was heavier(higher subtention) in the Zeiss. Both scopes were listed for $1800, and both are great, but I think leupold will get my money this time. Just a little easier and more enjoyable to look through and it has enough MOA to do the job.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ams

WKR
I'm surprised the Leupold looked better than the Zeiss! I thought with the fluoride glass it wouldn't be so.

To the OP, if you don't care about the internal level, scope caps, and throw level you can find great deals on the regular vx-6. According to Leupold the glass is the same and if you have the free dial for the zl version you can use it for the new zl-2 as the scope is capable. The adjustment difference is in the design of the turret. You can also have leupold throw in a new reticle for a little extra.

Fire_9

WKR
I'm surprised the Leupold looked better than the Zeiss! I thought with the fluoride glass it wouldn't be so.

To the OP, if you don't care about the internal level, scope caps, and throw level you can find great deals on the regular vx-6. According to Leupold the glass is the same and if you have the free dial for the zl version you can use it for the new zl-2 as the scope is capable. The adjustment difference is in the design of the turret. You can also have leupold throw in a new reticle for a little extra.

If you don't care about the bells and whistles look at the vx 5. Same scope as the 6 minus the level and illumination.

I love my VX6 (non-HD). The 3-18 is the best western hunting scope on the market! Firedot and CDS is an amazing feature. I love it so much I bought two other Firedot scopes and will continue replacing scopes as I can afford it.

The VX5 is now the best value on the market. Basically a VX6 at half the price.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I like the windage turret on the hd models. I'm not a huge fan of holding.

Can you put the hd windage turret on the standard vx6?

I really like my 3-18 original vx6 but the turrets are pure mashed potato mush. I was hopeful for a significant improvement but was pretty disappointed when I felt them on a HD model at cabelas. Otherwise they seem like a real nice scope.

Sadler

WKR
Anyone test these out yet? Are they repeatable or do they have the same issues the others have had in the past?

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
I have run my VX6 from 200 yard zero out to 1200 and back and forth, with many stops in between. Had no problems returning to zero etc. Had my VX6 upgraded to the 2 turn zero stop locking turrets for both elevation and windage (split turn on windage)...pretty happy with mine. It has firedot windplex. Thinking of sending it in and asking them to add 1 MOA hashmarks for vertical too...wanted illuminated TMOA, but they said it could only be done on the new HD version. But firedot TMOA would work just fine, I only use the hash marks when spotting for my son when he shoots.