Swaro 25-50 wide angle eyepiece kidney bean effect?

I have a 65mm ATS with the 25-50 wide angle eyepiece and I find it a little frustrating at times to escape the kidney bean effect, in other words portions of the view will get shadowed by my seemingly large brow. Maybe I'm part caveman like my wife suggests.

Anybody else experience this? From all accounts this is the better zoom piece, but I'd like to try the 20-60 zoom and see if it's less of an issue. If I place my eye just right I can avoid it, but it's a little annoying at times.

dotman

WKR
Not worth thinking about the 20-60, the 25-50 is better. I haven't noticed this but I've only had the 25-50 a short time, which after having the 20-60 I wouldn't go back, but I also don't notice a rolling ball effect with my EL's.

Last edited:
I have a 65mm ATS with the 25-50 wide angle eyepiece and I find it a little frustrating at times to escape the kidney bean effect, in other words portions of the view will get shadowed by my seemingly large brow. Maybe I'm part caveman like my wife suggests.

Anybody else experience this? From all accounts this is the better zoom piece, but I'd like to try the 20-60 zoom and see if it's less of an issue. If I place my eye just right I can avoid it, but it's a little annoying at times.

Your not the only one. 20-60x v 25-50x - BirdForum
Blackout/Blinkies/Kidney Beaning.......? - BirdForum

The 25-50 is more demanding of where you place your eye I guess. It is much less (non-existent) in my experience with the 20-60. If your having that much trouble, regardless if the 25-50 is better it doesn't mean a hill of beans if you cant look through it.
my farther had a pair of el's and sent them back for the SLC's because of the rolling ball. Basically, it doenst matter how good something is, if you cant look through it.

jdyerg

FNG

That is why I sold mine. It drove me nuts. The eye relief is too short.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have this spotter with both eye pieces and have not noticed this at all. Must be the facial features causing it..
Would eye cups help at all?

I used the 20x50 and loved them. The 20x60 is ok, especially if you have to use it- it could be a lot worst for ya than having to utilize the 20x60, if it clears your issue up