Help picking Tripod Head

Beendare

WKR
Thanks for the response. Are you really happy you upgraded to the Euro Glass? I think if I could do it over again I would get the best binos available but I don't have any experience with the high end stuff so it's hard to say.
Re glass: ive run the high end stuff for decades: swaro, leica and zeiss and recently dropped down to an 8x for elk hunting with the Vortex vipers. My thinking was: its " good enough" and they are lighter.
I can tell you they just arent. I upgraded the 8x to the Nikon EDG and its a world of difference between the vipers and the EDGs or my Swaro 10x's. There IS a reason why just about everyone says its so.

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
Are you running a straight or angled spotter? The more I read about this stuff the more I get confused. If I read how nice Swaro's are I'm going to puke haha. Lots of guys on here say to skip the Vortex and wait for a used Swaro 65. I was going to pick up the Razor for $950 so I just don't think I can beat the price.

I run the older razor HD angled spotter. It depends on if your glassing up or down or across flat land. I originally had a straight spotter and it sucked glassing up the mountains all day. I never have had a Swarovski. Vortex has never did me wrong with warranty work. Any issues have immediately be resolved and it's hard to find a company that will send you next day air a spotter to use for the season because something broke on yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. Are you really happy you upgraded to the Euro Glass? I think if I could do it over again I would get the best binos available but I don't have any experience with the high end stuff so it's hard to say.

Definitely happy with the upgrade. It's in another league imo. My advice to anyone would be buy the best glass you can afford. I was never dissapointed with the Vortex Razor. I ran Vortex Viper 10x42's for a long time too. Good glass for the $, but there's better stuff.

If I was in your shoes I would try and spend some time looking through, and comparing some of the different glass you're interested in.

OP
R

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the help guys. After talking to a bunch of guys I think I'll be happiest spending the money and getting a nice spotter. I'm looking at the Swaro STS 65 or Kowa 550 series. Both Straight so I can switch from Binos to Spotter easily. When I break down and get a big spotter I'll probably go angled for that bad boy.

chops24

WKR
I want to jump in here. Ordered the outdoorsman studs and adapters for my EL 10s and Kaibab 15s, want to upgrade my tripod head. For about $100 Befree or benro S2? Or other $100 heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk