Leuopld RX-1200i TBR

Still looking for a rangefinder. I see Cabelas has these for $250 and I can get 10% back. Any reason to not get one of these for normal archery and rifle out to 500 yds? Better option for the same money? I thought of getting a bino/rangefinder but just can't justify the money right now.

One requirement is a red display. I like it much better than black.

Trial153

WKR
I can't see it not working well for the use you described, I couple leupold and they worked well enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Kindo

WKR
That unit is gtg. I've been very happy with mine. It was one of the faster rangers I could find for scanning etc. They're tough to beat for the money.

Finch

WKR
I really like mine and that is a steal of a deal right now. Cabelas also just sent out some $20 off $150 coupons. I'd give ya mine but already used it.

Dobermann

WKR
Muley, you might want to try to track down some of the comparative evaluations floating around - one is on a long-range shooting blog/info site, and another was printed in the 'Modern Advancements in Long Range Shooting' volumes by Bryan Litz.

From memory, the Leupold scored as one of the best in terms of yardage per dollar spent. I think both findings were that most rangefinders are only effective out to about 80% of their stated range.

Overall, my take-away from the results was that Leupold was one of the best cheapies; at $1800 RRP, the Sig KILO2400ABS was one of the best overall performers and worth the jump up from others in the middle of the field; and Vectronix (now Safran Vectronix) left everyone for dead ... but then, they cost around $9000!