Help me pick between these two spotters please!!!!!!

I've got a Magnesium body Swaro 20-60 x 65 HD angled scope, 6 yrs old. Love it for sheep. Also have a little Nikon ED 50 13-30 x 50 that sees some deer and bear use. Hard to beat the Swaro!

I was up in the NWT hunting Dalls last week. Out of the 6 scopes in camp, all were Angled Swaro 20-60 x 65s. One was the new ATX and it appeared to my eyes to be very slightly better than the ATM HD (old) model. That should tell you something about what the pros prefer and use! All the guides agree the 80 to 90 mm scopes are optically better but refuse to pack the size and weight. One pair of hunters had a Nikon with them (a sponsor) but the guides complained about it.

Good luck with your choice!

WRO

WKR
I've got a Magnesium body Swaro 20-60 x 65 HD angled scope, 6 yrs old. Love it for sheep. Also have a little Nikon ED 50 13-30 x 50 that sees some deer and bear use. Hard to beat the Swaro!

I was up in the NWT hunting Dalls last week. Out of the 6 scopes in camp, all were Angled Swaro 20-60 x 65s. One was the new ATX and it appeared to my eyes to be very slightly better than the ATM HD (old) model. That should tell you something about what the pros prefer and use! All the guides agree the 80 to 90 mm scopes are optically better but refuse to pack the size and weight. One pair of hunters had a Nikon with them (a sponsor) but the guides complained about it.

Good luck with your choice!
Dustin Roe packs the 95mm, he's one of the best sheep guides out there..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yup, Dustin had been in camp guiding on the first hunt in mid-July but was gone when I got there. The other guides mentioned he liked the big scope.

If you can handle the size and weight in the backpack, no arguments on the big scope from me.......its all about trade-offs and optimization.

Broomd

WKR
Yup, Dustin had been in camp guiding on the first hunt in mid-July but was gone when I got there. The other guides mentioned he liked the big scope.

If you can handle the size and weight in the backpack, no arguments on the big scope from me.......its all about trade-offs and optimization.
That's some great commentary.

I went with the new kowa. It just got here Friday, but it's impressive in low light. I'm using it for deer and elk so don't need big power. If you plan to count growth rings, you might pack bigger glass in. I just want to find something that looks good, and I'll commit to covering ground to kill it. For me, I know I'll pack it more since it's so light and compact.
0362bea0c9121432e7322de148aac870.jpg
10cab4aad6514d163deee8a38bcaed63.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ronb

WKR
What's your first impressions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. I'll be interested to hear how this performs for you in the field this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1760yds

FNG
Very similar to my razor 11-33x50 in feel and function but with much sharper glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'd also like to hear more about what you think of the glass. You mentioned it was impressive in low light. Tell us more about that. Also, what is that you've got it mounted on in the picture?

I'd also like to hear more about what you think of the glass. You mentioned it was impressive in low light. Tell us more about that. Also, what is that you've got it mounted on in the picture?

Sure, I glassed till into dark the other night watching a flock of ducks behind my house at 110 yards. Not a great test but all I could manage thus far. I was able to make out quite a bit of fine details even after I could not see them with my naked eye. I wish I had my razor for side by side comparison but sold it to fund this spotter. I head out this weekend for a quick 4 day archery elk hunt. I'll have much better intel on light gathering.

*That is the Outdoorsman bino hand. I use it to hold down my 12x50 EL. It works equally well on the spotter, not perfect but solid. It's a dang handy adapter. I'll be playing around with shooting my rifle and muzzle loader with it strapped in. Would save a whole lot of weight by leaving a bipod behind. It'll all depend on POI change and stability.