Slik 634 CFL Flip Lock

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone went with the 'cfl' version of the 634? the twist/cf version seems to be more popular but I think id prefer the flip locks. has anyone tried the cfl version out and have any feedback?

WyoElk

WKR
I use the flips and like them a lot. I feel like they are quicker to use than twist locks. I think you will get used to either and they would both be fine but I don't think you will regret the flips.

I also run the CFL. I prefer this style much better than the twist. It seems easier (to me) to adjust in the field, just as fast to deploy and one of the added benefits of them is when they start to get worn and are prone to slipping, you can just tighten down the adjustment screw to regain a solid hold.

OP
C

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you guys.

Muley- where did you get yours? I hate paying full price but havent seen any on sale.

You know I can't quite remember, but it was either B+H Photo or Amazon. I think I got around a 10% discount, not quite sure though. I'm not a fan of paying full price too!

willidru

WKR
I'm pretty sure 1 shot gear has them and will give a rokslide discount. Not sure if they are twist or lock. Not listed on the website but call and check.

OP
C

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty sure 1 shot gear has them and will give a rokslide discount. Not sure if they are twist or lock. Not listed on the website but call and check.

I saw a link to their site advertising this tripod but it sent me to a page that no longer existed. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

OP
C

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
Just called and ordered it from 1shotgear. cant believe they dont have it listed on their website. best price I've found, plus the Rokslide discount...

Thanks for the heads up, willidru!