Swarovski slc tripod adapter vs outdoorsman??

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone messed around with both systems for the swarovski 10x42 slc's? I am wanting to get one or the other and haven't been around either one to see if they are any good. Thanks

OP

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
probably the vortex summit ssp. I want something small and light, and a lot of my time glassing is setting in my helinox chair....lol

RoJo

WKR
I have the same tripod and the outdoorsmans adapter, they work just fine together. A buddy has the swaro adapter, and he likes it just fine. You can't go wrong with either, but the outdoorsmans will save you some money.

Wapiti406

WKR
I have been stashing away Cabela’s gift cards and will be putting in an order for a pair of SLCs here shortly. Aside from the cost is there any difference in terms of weight or ease of use?

Also, what heads are you guys running with binos? I have been using the ball head that comes standard with the ProMaster tripod, and can't say that I m overly impressed while using with a spotter.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Swaro' and the Vortex

Swarovski_49177_Tripod_Adapter_for_Binoculars_1232616804000_179753.jpg

238803.jpg

The Swaro' is super solid, a little heavy and bulky, so I end up with the Vortex on everything as it's trim & light. I don't use the slip-on skirt though, too easy to dump your optics. I just use a quick-release plate.

Like you, I was less than impressed with the ball head for the spotting scope. i much prefer a pan head for the Spotter. I do really like the ball head when I am running binos on the tripod. I can set the tension on the ball head so that I can move my binos just using my face