Sitka Bino Bivy 10x

Trial153

WKR
Of your talking about the newest version, yes I have it. Had the previous incarnation as well and used that a couple years.

The new 8-10x fits my SLC and my Els without a problem, enough room that I can tuck my smaller range finder into. They did away with the interior mesh thankfully. The binoculars can with tethered in on both sides. I added small Ti clips to mine for quick detach to a tripod. The flap and zipper is also improved. The zipper is now a one hand deal. The flap as magnets on the top and bottom to quickly hold open or closed. There is zero bounce on the harness and they improved the front buckle attachment, the older version they were tucked into the harness, great in theory not so much in practice. Now they are accessible but still out f the way. Soon as i add a 12-15X swaro to my line up I will most likely add the larger version.
I have one complaint it would be the outside side pockets aren't big enough for a range finder... wind checker power or other small items yes..range finder no go.

All in all it's fantastic. I love how Sitka isn't satisfied with the status quo and aren't afraid to make improvements

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
Am considering this harness. Only concern I have is if you just use the magnet and don't zip it up, doesn't look like it seals very well and dust/debris could get in. The badlands magnet system seems to seal better around the opening. Any thoughts on this? Have you had any issue with dust getting in your Sitka case?
Thanks.

Trial153

WKR
No thoughts. if I was worried about stuff getting in because of the conditions or terrain i would just take the extra couple second and zip it up.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Trial153 can you share a link on the clips you used for detaching your binos?? Ive been trying to find a good solution for that.
b7edaea948dc0913175ae686eafac7b1.jpg
d16f7a3c158b377ab57caca28f0b4b76.jpg

OP
K

Kilo184

FNG
I bought this Sitka bino harness and will be putting it to the test this weekend on my first Elk hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
Just finished a week of stalking in Scotland wearing this harness. Worked great. Very happy with it. Could leave it open when stalking and need frequent access. Then when it was raining or I was crawling could zip it up and not worry about them falling out, it opening accidentally or rain getting in. Very comfortable as well. Used 12-15x size with Leica 12x50 and barely noticed they were there.