Best binos under 1500 ???

Elkangle

WKR
I'm sure we've all had that moment when we realized something was outdated....for me...its the binos

After Looking online it's obvious it's A ford vs Chevy argument but was curious on everyone's thoughts anyway

I'm debating on buying a used pair of leica ultravid hd's or going with the upper midclass of new optics such as ziess conquest hd, mavens, or leica trinovids

I have a lead on a leica ultravid hd 10x32 for 1200-1300

Fire away !

AlaskaEd

WKR
Used Swarovision ELs are going to be the best at that price, but you'll have to be patient. Used Leica Ultravid HD-plus and Zeiss Victory SF as well. If you want new, take a look at the Kowa Genesis for exactly $1500, they're a tad heavy, but great glass.

Zbot

WKR
Used Swarovision ELs are going to be the best at that price, but you'll have to be patient. Used Leica Ultravid HD-plus and Zeiss Victory SF as well. If you want new, take a look at the Kowa Genesis for exactly $1500, they're a tad heavy, but great glass.

I agree with this.....you can get into some swaro for that coin with a little luck and patience.

Also, check in with Doug at cameralandny to see if they are still running this deal Maintenance | Camera Land NY[name]=Leica-Geovid-HD-B-10x42-Binoculars-%2340049-%28Demo-Unit%29-Binoculars-and-Scopes&catalog[product_guids][0]=1453749 Thats a "brand new" pair of RF binos for at your price...can't beat that, except with some swaros :)

Either will serve you well for the rest of your life.

Good luck!

Akicita

WKR
I don't go anywhere without my Steiner MM-830 but if you got the money to spend I would go with the Steiner HX-10X42

I agree with what's been said you can get some of the best binos used for under $1500. I've seen SLC HD's sold for under $1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

Elkangle

WKR
Thanks for all the reply ! Definitely sounds like going with a used high-end set is the way to go

Greenback

FNG
Meostar HD or used Swarovski SLC. Used Leica Ultravid would be great as well but I would not want a 10x32 personally.

Take a look a German precision optics passion HD. Based on the internet chatter they seem to beat out the vortex razor and get into the alpha glass conversation at $1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
1500 would get you into SLCs....if your tight on that budget i would get a demo set of Zeiss Conquest HD demos from Red Hawk rifles and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
With optics, set a budget. Then blow it by double the cost of your original budget. This is the only path to true optical happiness and visual clarity peace.

I'm very happy with my Zeiss Conquest HDs. They are a great value for the money. I looked through the Swaros a bunch and tried to talk myself into them. But I just couldn't see enough difference to pay the additional money.

I bought an all new glass system that year (binos, spotter, tripod, head, rangefinder, rifle scope and mounts), so it was a good time to save a few bucks if I could. I'm really happy with the Swaro spotter, and Zeiss binos. But I blew my set budget by double. ;)

AGPank

WKR
$1500 is a odd break point. Not a lot of new binos in this category, but the SLC of often in that range new. You may find ELs, SF, HT, or Ultravids HD used, so you really need to get behind some of them and see which you like.

robie, anyone other than you is going to be dam lucky to find Swaro el 10X42 for $1100.

I just bought a couple pair of used Leica in your budget range. I was looking for Leica. I don't have yet. I am expecting great things. If at all they "may be" just a tick under top shelf glass, maybe not too. I would start off looking for high quality used first. There are some current deals in the classifieds and doing a "wanted to buy" add worked for me. Good luck.

AGPank

WKR
Those ELs in the link aren't Swarovision. Swarovisions starte 2010/2011. They won't have the black barrels between the hinges.

There's some ultravid hd 8x32 in the classifieds right now for a great price.

Ozz08

WKR
$1500 might get you brand new slc's. When I bought my slc's a couple years ago I just asked shops what their best cash price was and found a place that sold me brand new 10x42 slc's for $1500 out the door.