Anyone notice a bluish/green tint looking through Leica HD binos?

daddie63

WKR
Hi all,

I really went these binos since cameraland has a good deal running on them. I've only looked through 1 set of these binos but did notice a bluish/green tint. Am I seeing things or has anyone else noticed this? Thanks a lot.

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
do you see it when there is a dark object next to a light object? I'm no expert but I think that's called chromatic abberation.

OP
D

daddie63

WKR
Actually I saw it throughout the whole view. I'm hoping I was seeing things

You normally hear that more out of Swaros. Leica and Zeiss (I have owned both) are very true color to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think some companies started doing that for hunting glass to make it easier to pick out game by getting more contrast.

The significantly increased light transmission, particularly in the blue-violet band, ensures not only higher image brightness, but also better colour transmission and considerably improved twilight vision.

With higher transmission from the blue end of the spectrum I would expect a perceived bluish tint.

OP
D

daddie63

WKR
Thanks gents. I'll see if I cant find a pair locally in the Bay area here to look thru again.

My geovid hd-b s do have a bit cooler tint to them when comparing side by side to my conquest HDs.