Swary

So I drank the juice and ordered my first Swarovski
The 25x50x80HD with wide lens
Hoping to utilize it well this deer season.

Congrats!! I too just bought my first swaro SCL 10x42's. Looking forward to spending a lot of time behind them as I try and fill my 8 tags this fall.

OP
mfllood3800
Went out today with my old Vortex Nomad 20x40x60. I saw something way off and it looked like a wall tent. Couldn't make it out, pulled out my vortex binos Razor 10x42 and it was clearer than my spotter.
I've been killing myself for years with this spotter. It was a Christmas gift from my wife. So I just kept using it. The sales guy told her, "these are as good as any out there". He needs to repent

The Nomad is as good as anything out there? Holy moly. Repentance would be a good start but he shouldn't stop there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Went out today with my old Vortex Nomad 20x40x60. I saw something way off and it looked like a wall tent. Couldn't make it out, pulled out my vortex binos Razor 10x42 and it was clearer than my spotter.
I've been killing myself for years with this spotter. It was a Christmas gift from my wife. So I just kept using it. The sales guy told her, "these are as good as any out there". He needs to repent

In his defense, he didn't specify what it was "as good as any" at doing? I had a nomad once and it made a fantastic paper weight, one of the best I've seen. I would sometimes throw it in my pack if I felt like I was a couple pounds too light.

OP
mfllood3800
Oh he new full well what he was selling to an unknowing consumer.

I was able to make this work as long as I utilized my phone scope with my phone.
I could zoom in and then use the phones zoom, to zoom in even more until the dark ring was gone.
But last year in AZ desert it was just too dark and blurry even with the phone trick.

I was so tempted to get a Razor, or even the viper, thinking it would be good enough, but decided to resist the "it's as good as any out there" mentality and get the best.

elkguide

WKR
Swaro fanboy here.

Last year while hunting with another higher end brand fanboy, as dusk was approaching he said, "Well, light's gone so I guess we'll do better tomorrow." I didn't say a word, just handed him my Swaro 10X42 EL's. As he handed my bino's back he said, "tell me if something worth shooting come out, please!"

OP
mfllood3800
Long for you Robby or the horses
lol

I was at the local gun shop and held the 85 version of the Swarovski- yes it is heavy, and they said you need the Swarovski tri-pod too, other than being like $700 or something it was a ton of weight too.
These guys must never back pack hunt.

I went out scouting for my muzzle deer hunt yesterday and it was nice carrying the little Nomad. That thing doesn't weigh anything.

I usually bow hunt and don't take a spotter, it only goes on the rifle or muzzle loader trips. On these I usually hunt from the trail head and go in about a mile at the most so its going to be great.

WRO

WKR
Long for you Robby or the horses
lol

I was at the local gun shop and held the 85 version of the Swarovski- yes it is heavy, and they said you need the Swarovski tri-pod too, other than being like $700 or something it was a ton of weight too.
These guys must never back pack hunt.

I went out scouting for my muzzle deer hunt yesterday and it was nice carrying the little Nomad. That thing doesn't weigh anything.

I usually bow hunt and don't take a spotter, it only goes on the rifle or muzzle loader trips. On these I usually hunt from the trail head and go in about a mile at the most so its going to be great.

Counter Jockeys are the worst sometimes.

You absolutely do not need a swaro tripod to run and of their scopes.

My chubby ass carries the 95mm everywhere. It saves me enough walking to be worth it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
In his defense, he didn't specify what it was "as good as any" at doing? I had a nomad once and it made a fantastic paper weight, one of the best I've seen. I would sometimes throw it in my pack if I felt like I was a couple pounds too light.

Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venado_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Swaro glass is top notch. Get you a great tripod. You will wonder why you didnt buy sooner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The sales guy told her, "these are as good as any out there". He needs to repent

There's the problem w/Vortex-they give incentives to the sales reps @ Scheels/Bass Pro/Sportsmans etc to sell as many as they can and they get vortex credits. The higher end companies do that as well, but the "salesmen" aren't good at their job so they take the cheaper/easier to sell option and pimp those out. Guy tried to do that to my step mom on a rifle scope, glad she called me to check first.

Congrats on the Swaro's I'm currently trying to save up for a nice spotter myself sometime in the future.