Difference between maven b.1 and b.2?

PLO5

WKR
Hey guys,
Is there an optical difference between the maven b.1 and the b.2? I just ordered the 11x45 and had no idea they made a 10x42. I'm kinda bummed I got the big heavy 11 power b.2's if they arnt better optically then the b.1 10x42. Thanks for responses

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The B.2 use a different prism and are much better than the B.1s IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pointer26

Lil-Rokslider
I just sold my b2 9x45 and I kind of miss them. I did compare them to the b2 11x45 and b1 10x42.
What I like about the 9x45 was the field of view and how bright they are. What I did not like was the weight and ergonomics.
The only thing I did not like about the 11x45 was the field of view.

I did not like the glass and field of view of the b1. I did like the ergonomics and weight difference.

thank you

WKR
B2 is abbe Koenig prism, better light transmission, field flattener, lowest distortion that won't make you puke, bigger and heavier.

B1 is Schmidt pechan prism, no field flattener, smaller and lighter.

I think the glass and coatings are the same in both.

I have both, 8x b1 and 11x b2. I prefer b2 but not exactly apples to apples comparison.

OP
PLO5

PLO5

WKR
Thanks guys! Was worried I'd regret the heavier binos, but want the best glass and didn't find a lot on their website as far as which ones are actually better. Guess the extra weight is worth it here in the wide open west!

I demo'd both the 10x b1 and the 11x b2 and I could not find a difference in optical quality. I'm am no optics geek and have not spent nearly as much time behind glass as some of the folks on Rokslide, but I just couldn't see it. The b1s were a much better size and weight for me and the backpack hunting I Iike to do, so I sent the b2s back.

I love my Maven b1s. They are a hell of a lot better than the nikon prostaffs I had before, which should come as no surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk