Tripod head

Looking for a decent head for my tripod that won't break the bank. Pistol grip or pan head...I haven't been able to make myself like a regular ol' ballhead.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Manfrotto 700RC2 that has worked pretty good with video camera, spotter, and binos. But I'm moving to the Manfrotto Befree to save a few oz. I'll buy the Befree in the next week and sell the 700RC here if I like the Befree more. You can find either of these new for $80-$100.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the Vanguard PH-113v and I like it. Lots of folks like the PH-111v, but don't hear much about the 113. Including a QR plate with a vortex unidaptor mount(the mount would only add a few grams), and the handle cut down a bit, it weighs in at 18.2oz. I think they sell for around $90 brand new.

Jimbob

WKR
Manfrotto befree live, 13 ozs, fluid head, supports up to 9 lbs, and $99. I researched for a while and I think this is a good compromise of price and specs.

Ten Bears

WKR
I have a promaster ball head on ebay right now. Its at 16 bucks. ends in a couple hours. brand new

mcseal2

WKR
They aren't cheap but once I got used to the separate pan and tilt levers on the Outdoorsmans pan head I love them. I tried their micro but returned it for a second pan head. I have one on my Outdoorsmans tripod and a second that goes between the Promaster 525 and the window mount. Best system I've found.

WestNE

WKR
I have no first hand experience with them but the Schonfeld pan head will be what I try next. Good reviews, good price, and lightweight.

Thanks,
Nick

JNDEER

WKR
I found a company called Grifiti while surfing on ebay and they make a product they call a Nootle panhead very cheap. I purchased it to try and compare to the highly raved about Promaster 6160. I prefer the nootle and use two of them for my spotters. The nootle is firmer then the promaster and that works better for me.

I'm using mafrotto ball, its "ok"
I also have a Benro, pan 3 way- it is much better
I have a vortex ball- pretty decent actually.

If you are gonna "grid" you want a decent pan, that allows you to swing with out changing elev, until the sweep is complete and you move up the next level of the hill.
For this I really like the Mafrotto ball with a pistol grip. yea that surprised me too.

But the Benro pan is pretty sweet as well.

I got the vortex ball with a tripod I bought new and have never used it- but it seems ok.

Try the pro master! Super lightweight and won't break the bank! I love mine for my vortex razor 20-60/85 and my canon dslr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

work765

WKR
Do you guys know if the Manfrotto befree live will fit on a Promaster Tripod? I was at a camera store yesterday and it looked like the Befree Head was attached to the Befree tripod with some proprietary system. I wasn't sure if it would work on my Promaster.