Leica Rocks👊

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Long story short. Bought first edition geovids in 2003 10x42. These binos used hard and put away wet many times. They served me well and helped me get many fine critters in bad conditions and great days👊 3 yrs ago they stopped ranging over 500 yds. Sent them in for service. They asked where do I use these things as they had not seen moisture inside them like this often. Well of course everyone hunts in the rain forest and jungles of north Idaho and Montana😎 They were cared for had the drops once or twice in case but used as intended. They came back after service worked great for another year then same issue. Sent back in did have a long wait and went to Germany. Did not have them last fall and felt naked without the ranger and clarity I was used too. Well not repairable and received a nice little package today👊👊👊 can't wait to use them when rifle season begins next month🤙

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 154

handwerk

WKR
So 14 years later and you have new binos, wow thats some service! I sure like my geovids... and am glad they took care of you in a big way.

daddie63

WKR
Good to hear Leica took care of you. They have great glass no doubt and if they continue to improve their service dept. they might just get back some customers.

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah daddie there was some slow service but the outcome was worth the wait👍

yhc

WKR
I have always heard not so good reports on Leica's customer service whereas their optics quality is excellent. It is good to know they now take care of their customers. Hope this trend continues.

Regards,

AlaskaEd

WKR
Someone recently posted that the reps at Leica said they recognized their customer service was behind all of their competitors, and they they were making changes. Glad to see that looks to be the case. I have always liked Leica.

I had good luck with their service department too! Sent our rangefinder 1000 back for a cleaning and service and they sent us the upgraded 1600R for no charge! My mom on the other hand had a terrible time with them. She sent back a pair of rangefinding Geovids like you and they were slow and difficult to deal with. They ended up paying a promo price for a brand new pair which made them happy in the long run but they were super slow and hard to reach with any inquiries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I had those Geovids from circa 2003-2004 and they leaked right out of the gate. Leica gave me 2 options; a US fix or better yet they recommended sending back to Germany. I did #2 and they worked well for many years....tho I sold them after 8 yrs [for the same price I paid] due to weight and the RF only warrantied for 5 years. Good to know they took care of you.

boom

WKR
I almost vomited when I hurt my binoculars. Leica stepped up and turned the clock back and sent mine back to me, brand new looking. They have great customer service!

Trial153

WKR
Good to hear. Not to many years ago I had a totally horrible experience with their CS. So much so that I have written off them as a company, their products aren't on my radar. Who knows ...maybe that will change.