RZR HD or Swaro SLC 10X42 LEO Discount

Glen1978

FNG
Hey guys Im in the market for new binos. Currently have Vortex 10x42 Diamond Backs and want to drop some cash on a forever set.....the one. I live in central Colorado and they will see long range glassing and range time. I get LEO discount.....thanks for those companies that do, so that will play a big part in my purchase. I have two Vortex gn2 RZR scopes on my target guns so im partial to Vortex but want to get something better if its worth over double the cost. As most know Vortex gives 40% off MSRP....THANK YOU VORTEX and best deal I can find on the Swaros is about 12% off. So you can do the math. What should I do.....are the SLCs worth double the cost? Thanks

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went from diamondback to SLC and after having them in the mountains I'm not looking back. That said I have not really compared the 2 in the field to say conclusively that they are that much better than the razors.

Live2hunt custom shelters

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your getting forever glass get Swarovski and be done. Yes at 40% off the razor are a heck of a deal and great glass but still not top tier

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AGPank

WKR
Meopta has a good LEO discount from what I've read. I think are better than Razor and comparable to SLC.

The SLC is 10x the glass of the RZR HD. yes I've used both side-by-side. There's no comparison. The real difference lies in the shadows. The Swaros have significantly better shadow detail and low light performance. Buy the Swaros and be very, very happy about your purchase!! If you can't afford the Swaros then look at Leica. They have deals on Camofire all the time. Again way better option that the RZR's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

Glen1978

FNG
Cool, spending that kinda money on binos freaks me out to be honest. Allthough I didnt have a problem buying 2x Vortex RZR 4.5x27 scopes to put on two guns at $2300 each....lol!

OP
G

Glen1978

FNG
Still up in the air on this purchase. Was able to look at some RZR HD 10x42 yesterday but no one local has Swaros. Saw the Mavens last night....they sure got some love on here. Not sure what kinda LEO discount they offer but I did email them about it. Only problem is they dont have what I want in stock and they are up to 4 weeks out on building.....so that doesnt allow me to have them by my hunting week.

LaHunter

WKR
Since you are getting 'forever glass', I would just get the best. You have already dropped significant $$ on your rifle scopes. You will use your binos way more than your rifle scope while hunting. I have some Swaro SLC binos that are over 10 years old and I never wish I had another brand. You will probably use your binos more than any other hunting gear that you have, except for your boots, so if you can afford it, get the ones that you feel are the best. You may be able to shop around and find some used SLCs in excellent condition at a pretty good price.

Good Luck

Last edited:

AlaskaEd

WKR
The Razor HDs leave a lot to be desired for their supposed "alpha glass competitor" status. Get the ones you'll never want to replace and be done. Also, have you checked to see if Swaro has a mil program as well :) ?

OP
G

Glen1978

FNG
I tried Swaro direct and they dont do private party Mil/Leo program.....had to be through a department. I ended up buying the SLC 10X42 thru EuroOptic and they do offer a LEO program. It was about 12% off and glad to get it. Should be here late next week.

I tried Swaro direct and they dont do private party Mil/Leo program.....had to be through a department. I ended up buying the SLC 10X42 thru EuroOptic and they do offer a LEO program. It was about 12% off and glad to get it. Should be here late next week.

Good decision. SLC's are in a different league than the Razors.