Stupid bino in bino harness question.

cerec_cat

FNG
Do most people take the lens covers off, or keep them on while in the harness during hunting situations. I like the added protection of the covers, but obviously like the speed of use with them off.

No lens covers here. The extra protection would be nice, but that would take more movement and time than I want in a hunting situation

In my protective binocular harness (Sitka,Kuiu, etc..)I do not keep the barrel/objective end covers but I do keep the my Swarovski eye piece (single piece) cover on the eye piece end despite the harness also protecting.

When I am not using my protective harness, I use butler creek scope covers on the barrel end of both ends and use Swarovski eye cover (single piece) at all times- it removes very quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

twall13

WKR
I leave them off since I got my AGC harness. It's a good enough seal to protect them for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I prefer to keep mine on, though most people seem to take them off. I like that it keeps dirt from getting in the ocular lenses. I've taken my binos out of the harness enough times that muscle memory takes over and I don't even think about having to take off the lens covers, I just do it. It works for me at least.

I wouldn't keep the lens covers on unless I had nice binos, though.

Vortex binos, AGC cub max harness here. I ditch the distal caps, keep the eye side cap (1piece). Works well in the rain, and allows me to hang the binos outside of the pouch and stuff my down vest in the bino pouch.

Floorguy

WKR
Not that dumb of a question, and I'm not saying that because I asked the same thing a week or two ago...the consensus was off and as I had just lost a cap to alders before I got my agc I decided to take the others off as well rather than replace the lost one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Mjm316

Lil-Rokslider
I have always been a fan of mine on until I got a set of els with an agc harness. I struggled and fought to keep them on but finally got frustrated enough and took them off. Much better now. They slide in and slide out with no issues what so ever. So OFF is my vote

I leave mine off. As a year-round hunting ranch manager I use my binos every day of the year, just about. I would love to leave them on but I need to grab them very quickly, a lot of times, and it's just easier to keep them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jherald

WKR
I used to keep lens covers on even in the bino harness but I relaxed my ocd because it was a pain in the butt to pull them out of the bino harness, then pop the caps or covers off.