Manfrotto Be Free Fluid Head Question

blutooth

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you who own a Manfrotto Be Free Fluid Head. I just received mine and I am very happy with it. The only concern I have is the quick release adapter plate is huge. I'm looking to put one on my outdoorsman bino adapter and on my spotter. Has anyone modified the plate to be a little smaller - especially with the bino adaptor. I can't really see any reason why I would need to adjust the forward/back on the tripod (the scope may need a little bit more adjustment available). So before I start chopping, any recommendations or tricks or other plates that work instead?

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Mount your optics and use it before the dremmel or bandsaw come out. What binos, spotter, or camera are going on it? What tripod is it going on?

OP
B

blutooth

Lil-Rokslider
SCL 10x42 binos and spotter is in limbo right now, but it will be a 65mm, I also plan to use it with my A6000 (Another question is anyone using a capture clip pro with this head?). I have the Benro TSL08C CF Tripod but I am worried that may be a bit too lightweight for this head as well.

On the spotter at least the plate will be parallel to the bulk of the system, but with the bino adapter it is going to turn something that can't easily slip into a pocket anymore.

Last edited: