upgrading my binos

ofl0926

WKR
hey whats up everyone. i am thinking of upgrading my binos. currently use Zen Rey ED3 8x43. this are strictly for hunting. living in south Florida, i usually travel to go hunt. I go to Georgia to hunt out of a stand. shots ranging from 50-150 yards. i sometimes go to South Dakota to hunt white tail or mule deer. i have done two hunts out there. one was during rifle and we were glassing a lot and the other time was during bow season for pronhorn and whitetail as well. i was glassing out of a blind.
optics i am looking at swaro slc, meopta meostar or meopro, maven b2 or anything else you guys can think. i dont mind used binos. what do you guys think? budget is around $1300

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Don't forget the Zeiss conquest. Excellent glass.

This (the HD version). After looking at the Razors (didn't like them), and the ELs (couldn't see justification in the extra cost), I bought the Conquest HD 10x42 and friggin love them. The Zeiss Conquest HD are amazing for the price.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had the conquests hd and now have the Swarovski slc I feel they are an upgrade for sure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Meopta is very nice. I love my maven b2. Both would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGPank

WKR
I'm in Fort Lauderdale, not a lot of places to look at glass for sure. I'm still busy with hurricane cleanup, but maybe we could meet one of these weekends and I can show you some glass.

I have:
1. 8x32 Cabelas instinct hd (Meostar)
2. 8x32 EL Swarovision
3. 10x42 Leica Trinovids
4. 10x42 EL Swarovision
5. 12x50 Leica Ultravid HD

Also have the Cabelas version Meostar spotter.

I had the Meostar 10x42 Hd, and would own again without hesitation. Very similar to SLC. I also had the 8x42 SLC, very good all around bino. Great low light and wide FOV.

Meostar has a very good military discount. With your budget you should be able to get anything if you'll consider used.

There was a set of Ultravid Hd 8x32 for $1200, that would be great for the hunting you described.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
I'm in Fort Lauderdale, not a lot of places to look at glass for sure. I'm still busy with hurricane cleanup, but maybe we could meet one of these weekends and I can show you some glass.

I have:
1. 8x32 Cabelas instinct hd (Meostar)
2. 8x32 EL Swarovision
3. 10x42 Leica Trinovids
4. 10x42 EL Swarovision
5. 12x50 Leica Ultravid HD

Also have the Cabelas version Meostar spotter.

I had the Meostar 10x42 Hd, and would own again without hesitation. Very similar to SLC. I also had the 8x42 SLC, very good all around bino. Great low light and wide FOV.

Meostar has a very good military discount. With your budget you should be able to get anything if you'll consider used.

There was a set of Ultravid Hd 8x32 for $1200, that would be great for the hunting you described.

That would be amazing. Yeah we don't have much of an option down hear. I'm in homestead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk