Rangefinder Recommendations

Derek0525

WKR
Right now I have yet another Leupold Rangefinder that has a seal problem first one fogged up on me on a hunt come to find out the seal went bad and i could see dust in it the next day sent it to Leupold about 2 months later they sent me a new one, they said they were gonna try and fix it. So my new one tbey sent me was an upgraded model since they didnt make my old model. So just got back from a week longg hunt and on day 2 went to range a few trees for a set up and it was like looking through a kaleidoscope water got inside, bad seal again. Both models were supposed to be water proof and im now done with the Leupold ones will get this one replaced and sell it.
So i was looking into the Vortex Ranger 1500 or the Leica anyone had any bad experiences with these 2 I carry mine in a Blacktail 154 harness so its quick & easy to get to. So its open to the elements.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
Crazy you've had two go bad. What models were they? Do you scuba dive with them, or swimming across rivers? Lol. My 1200i tbr has been lightly rained on a few times. Hopefully this one holds up.

OP
D

Derek0525

WKR
850i tbr is the most recent ones dont remember the model before. No scubba diving just lots of wet thick reprod patches some rain and snow.

OP
D

Derek0525

WKR
How good is Leica warrenty? I have used the vortex warrenty once just for a real minor issue on my binos and had them back in just over a week no questions asked

If you bow hunt, forget the Leica. They won't angle compensate under 100 yards. Other than that mine has been great I'm going on 3 years with my 1600B. It's been a great, reliable unit. I'm pretty hard on it and it's never given me fits. If I were in the market I'd get a Kilo 2200. I think the only thing the Leica has on it is better glass.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BigDog00

WKR
I have a Leica 1000-R and have been really happy with it. It does have angle compensation down to 10 yards, whereas the 1600's do not. I would also look at the Sig Sauer Kilo rangefinders. They seem to get good reviews and are very popular.

AlaskaEd

WKR
I'd say check out the Sigs, but I really don't know much about them. I do know they make great stuff at a good price.

I have a Leica 1600B and have NEVER been left wanting more. I've ranged ridges over 1700y away. I haven't changed the battery in the 3 years I've had it, you can program in basic ballistics for you round, great glass for use at dawn and dusk (you don't notice how nice that is until you compare it to a basic RF), small, lightweight, easy to use. I'm not sure what else I could want?

elkguide

WKR
Between Leica and Vortex...... no question, Leica.

I were buying today, (and when I do buy again) no question the Sig 2200.

MattB

WKR
I have a Leica 1000-R that that I will be selling in deference to a Sig which I like better.

I recently picked up a Sig Sauer 2000 after considering all the options. I got it on sale or I would have bought the newest version, the 2200. They're incredible for the price.

C.Cass

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for Leica. I've not hunted with mine yet, just played with it practicing with my bow and seeing how far I can range things... It is far and away the best range finder I've ever owned. Previously I had a Leupold, it never gave me trouble, but I didn't like all the damn settings. I have the 1600-R and contrary to what others are saying it does angle compensate from 10 yards and out. The 1600-B does not.

I just bought my second Leopold and have had no issues with them in the last 12 years. I just upgraded to the 1200 TBR. If I had not gotten a good deal on it I would have went with the Sig 2200.

Glen1978

FNG
Sig BLOWS Leica out of the water!! Ive been able to get 1200-1600 yds with the Leica 1600 but not repeadedly. I sold it and got the Sig Kilo 2000 and it will hit 2000 EVERY TIME. Ive ranged out to 3400 yds with it on the side of a white RV. I was not impressed with the Leica at all.