Sig Kilo 850 experience

Matthews

FNG
Looking hard at this rangefinder. Seen it advertise to range deer to 600 yds., trees to 800 yds. and reflective targets to 1,200 yds. and that it calculates angles. Searched and found a few post about it ranging to 500 yds on animals. Looking for more feed back from owners to see if this is accurate. Don't do a lot of rifle hunting and if it ranges out to 400 yds or 500 yds on animals or nearby objects that will work for me. Don't plan on shooting more than 300 yards. Also, bow hunt a lot so it would be used for both. My current rangefinder is pretty much junk as I have come to find and is only good for hunting archery here in Pa.

HookUp

WKR
I have it and give it great review. Quite a step above my Leupold Rx-650 I had.

I'm seriously considering the Sig Kilo 850 also. But, is it waterproof? The Sig website and Cabela's both don't list it as waterproof.

It's hard to imagine any kind of optic that isn't waterproof.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FYI the 1250 are onsale in some places at a similar price point.

Edit: but not experience with either the 850 or 1250. I have the 2000 and like it a lot.

Last edited:

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
I have the kilo 1250. I used it in Newfoundland last weekend and I don't believe I was able to pick up anything past about 650 yards. I did not use it a whole lot so the things that I was attempting to range that did not pickup may have been outside of its specs. I love this rangefinder and it is a huge step up from old busnell sport 450. The second you press the range button it pops up with the measurement lightening fast. It is also small and light. It fights into the belt pouch of my mystery ranch scapegoat 25 with room to spare.

gelton

WKR
I'm seriously considering the Sig Kilo 850 also. But, is it waterproof? The Sig website and Cabela's both don't list it as waterproof.

It's hard to imagine any kind of optic that isn't waterproof.

Dont know about the 850 but I am looking at the Kilo 2200 and in the description on Cabelas it says - "Compact, magnesium housing with binocular-style eyecups and diopter adjustment ensures waterproof, fogproof performance and comfortable use."

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at the sig 850 or Vortex ranger 1000. Ended up with the vortex. I couldn’t find anywhere that the sig was truly waterproof, and they have a “lifetime warranty” but after some research rangefinders are only covered for 5 years. Have had the Vortex for awhile and it’s bomb proof. I do know someone who has a Sig 2000 and that thing is sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk