Outdoorsman Bino Hand

I purchased zeiss victory ht binoculars and didn't realize that they didn't have 1/4x20 thread adapter. I emailed outdoorsman and they can install there stud. I also emailed Zeiss and they said it would void my warranty. I don't want to do that. So I was wondering if anybody had any expierance with the bino hand or if they suggested anything else.

Ronb

WKR
Outdoorsman sells a ring adapter for 42 mm binos that works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle

WKR
Outdoorsman sells a ring adapter for 42 mm binos that works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, weighs a bit over an ounce I believe, and works very well. I have a quick detach plate attached to mine and can go back and forth between bino and spotter without any trouble.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
OP
W
Quick update. I emailed outdoorsman about the stud install voiding my warranty. They have installed them for ziess and found it won't ruin the culmination. So it wont void the warranty. I guess when I emailed ziess they had some new staff that day. So they are getting the new staff updated on that.

dotman

WKR
I have the bino hand and at first wasn't a big fan, but it has grown on me. It'll hold your binos securely and it works. I like that it straps only over one barrel instead of both. I had issues at first because outdoorsmans installed the qr plate in probably the worst location they could have out of 4 possible spots and I got it just as I was leaving on my hunt. Had other issues and frustrations from binos and then I was frustrated with the bino hand, wasn't till I got home that I realized there are 4 spots to attach a qr plate. Once I moved it I was very happy with it.

dotman

WKR
Quick update. I emailed outdoorsman about the stud install voiding my warranty. They have installed them for ziess and found it won't ruin the culmination. So it wont void the warranty. I guess when I emailed ziess they had some new staff that day. So they are getting the new staff updated on that.

Not sure if I read this correct but I wouldn't take Outdoorsmans word over Zeiss, if Zeiss says it'll void it I would go another route.

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
I use the bino hand for my optolyth 15x63 as well as my Swarovski Habicht 8x30w ga.

Overall, it works quite well! It's not too noisy, and has a firm hold on both binos

PredatorX

WKR
Are you able to remove the stud and return it back to factory specs if you ever wanted? I'm sure at some point I would sell them and upgrade but heck guys from the slide would probably prefer having the stud already installed anyways.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

frankrb3

WKR
Are you able to remove the stud and return it back to factory specs if you ever wanted? I'm sure at some point I would sell them and upgrade but heck guys from the slide would probably prefer having the stud already installed anyways.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Stud is permanent. Not sure how you could upgrade from the HTs. They're top tier binos.

dotman

WKR
Get the stud! It's rock solid and clean. Outdoorsmans told me it wouldn't void my warranty either so if I ever have a warranty issue that zeiss wont cover because of the stud then I will be giving outdoorsmans a call. Bottom line is I coulnd't be happier with the way the stud came out on the HTs.

View attachment 65594

View attachment 65595

View attachment 65596

View attachment 65597

View attachment 65598

Not sure if you have used both but after having both I prefer the bino hand, at first I didn’t. Pros to the bino hand: no worries about warranty, no mailing your bino off to have stud installed, less expensive overall cost to get up and running and just as solid of a mount.

The stud will cost you $150+ overall between install and stud cost, insured shipping of bino to Outdoorsmans and cost of long or short adapter.

Last edited:

frankrb3

WKR
Not sure if you have used both but after having both I prefer the bino hand, at first I didn’t. Pros to the bino hand: no worries about warranty, no mailing your bino off to have stud installed, less expensive overall cost to get up and running and just as solid of a mount.

The stud will cost you $150+ overall between install and stud cost, insured shipping of bino to Outdoorsmans and cost of long or short adapter.

This is true. It is expensive. I have not used the Bino Hand but I am very happy with the Stud and consider it worth it. I was also already invested into the outdoorsmans system and had the bino adapter, tripod and head. These binos were a major investment for me and I do not plan on upgrading anytime soon and I love the outdoorsmans system.

frankrb3

WKR
Hey guys to be honest I didn't even know what the bino hand was, had to just look it up. I was recommending the Stud because that's what I have experience with. If the bino hand was available when I bought my HTs I definitely would have considered that route as well. In my experience all things outdoorsmans is quality.

dotman

WKR
Yeah I’m right there with you but the head doesn’t matter for either as any QR plate can be installed no matter which way you go. Don’t get me wrong, the stud is good but expensive and if you change binos you lose the stud, for the cost of the stud install you can get the bino hand. When I sold my Swaro El’s I just priced the adapter into it as the new owner would have to get one anyway. Now had I been able to install a stud in my new bino I like you wouldn’t have given the bino hand a second thought but they can’t install the stud in Leica ranging binos. So my option was limited and I gave the bino hand a try. I used it on both my Swaro and Leica before selling the Swaros and really it’s just as solid. And now if I change binos I have a universal mount that works and I get to keep without having to replace anything.

What I didn’t like at first, Outdoorsmans installed the QR plate in the worst position possible out of the 4 QR plate mounting positions on the bino hand. I didn’t even know at first it had multiple spots to mount a qr plate so I was not happy as I couldn’t get a solid mount and use the binos. Once I got home and really checked it over I found I could move the qr plate. That’s when I really start d to like it and found I could get a rock solid mount.