Binoc recommendation / analysis paralysis

rm06

WKR
I have a $1k budget for binocs. Depending on the DOW's generosity, I hunt archery elk and mule deer every other year, pronghorn every year and rifle elk on my archery off-years. I glass in dark timber, from above treeline ranging out several thousand yards as well as the open plains ranging several miles.

I've been using 10x Leupolds for the last 10+ years and I don't have much interest in going with lower power. Currently I can't afford and don't want the weight penalty of 12 or 15 power, perhaps I will blow up the credit card should I ever be fortunate enough to draw sheep or goat.

They must have the ability to mount to a tripod and still fit in my binoc case with the tripod mounting stud (double hinged binocs generally will not allow the stud to stay attached and still fit in my chest harness). I've looked at Leica Trinovids which were impressive as well as Swarovski SLC 8 power. I plan on looking at a pair of Maven B2s in 9x as well.

Any additional suggestions would be helpful.

Maven B1 10x42 here and I love them. Much better than the Vortex Razor Hds they replaced. I spent some good time side by side with my buddy's Maven B2 9x45s last week and I like my B1s better.

OP
rm06

rm06

WKR
Maven B1 10x42 here and I love them. Much better than the Vortex Razor Hds they replaced. I spent some good time side by side with my buddy's Maven B2 9x45s last week and I like my B1s better.

Vortex aren't in the running.

What did you like about the B1 vs the B2?

The B2s are quite a bit bigger in size and a little heavier & would require a bigger bino harness. There is more of a difference in the 9x vs 10x than I would have thought. The B2s have some field flattening that threw me for a loop, but I'm sure that is something one could get used to (the swaro ELs have field flattening). I like what I have and wasn't trying to convince myself that his were better. He likes his better for what its worth.

I spoke with 2 of the 3 owners in person at a show and the 3rd on the phone and 2 of them use the 9X B2s and they said that's what most of their employees use and the 3rd owner uses the B1 10x42. apparently the B2s use a more efficient prism with more light transmission but my buddy and I could tell a difference in low light conditions. He said that the B1s "didn't fit his face as well" and he has to run the eye cups out while I run them in.

I'll tell him about this thread and have him weigh in as well.

WestNE

WKR
I'll throw Nikon Monarch HG's into the mix. They are very lightweight and low profile without sacrificing perceived build quality, they feel very solid. Focus is very smooth, and glass to my eyes compares well with Meopta/ Euro HD's. I also prefer them over an early generation SLC 10x42 that I parted with after buying the Monarch's.
Nick

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
This is what I did last night. Case closed, thanks for the input
I did the same. Had Zeiss conquest and these SLC to me are way better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk