sub 200 ishhhh dollar tripod for 80mm spotting scope

I just picked up the cabelas/vortex intrepid spotting scope (20-60x 80mm, claimed weight 59 oz). Previously my spotter set up was a minox md50 with a slik sprint 150...now i know this tripod won't hold up with the 80mm scope with any sort of wind..so i know i need to upgrade.
problem is i don't really want to spend as much on my tripod as i did the spotter..
around the 200 dollar range what would be some good options?
the vortex pro GT is only 150 on amazon these days, and there seems to be some solid offerings from vanguard..
i'd like to get something with a pan head..i plan to keep the slik to use with binos if going light weight.
this spotter will most likely be used from the truck, so i dont feel a need to throw down on a carbon tripod.
what do all of you experts suggest?
thanks

AlaskaEd

WKR
Look at the Sirui offerings, extremely good quality for the money. I have the carbon fiber T-025x and it's right at $200 and 1.5lbs. I know you don't care about weight, but they make a larger taller version and cheaper aluminum versions as well, but I don't know the model numbers. Mine has a ball/pan combo head, and is very smooth in panning.

I just went through this three weeks ago. Sandsarchery has been offering the best lightweight tripods sub $300 for a while, being the Slik 624, Slik 634, Slik 522 and the Promaster XC525C. I got my hands on a couple and I really liked the Promaster, but they go for $300. BUT CameralandNY is a Rokslide sponsor and they offer an outstanding price on it. I called them up and they got me an amazing deal for just over $200. Honestly the extra couple Andrew Jacksons will get you a much better tripod than the ones you can get for $200 on amazon, and will stand up to abuse in the long run.

It's also going to be much more stable at full height than those Sirius I thought, and the included ball head has a panning feature as well. Great tripod!

Bowtech1

Lil-Rokslider
Keep an eye on eBay or the classifieds. Manfrotto befree topped with the Manfrotto 700RC2 is a great setup that can be had for under $200.