Ever wanted to cry?

boom

WKR
Best of luck. I'll have a moment of silence for your binoculars.

Stid2677

WKR
I see an opportunity,, only seems logical to use this as a "reason" to upgrade. Of course you could "sell" wink, wink the old pair once they come back good as new. :) How I would spin it to the wife. :)

OP
Browninglover1
My wife has already asked if I'm "upgrading". The only binos I've wanted to try instead would be the 8.5x42s. I have loved these 8x32s for the past few years and can't wait to get them back.

Yep, my wanting to cry moment involved a near cliff, a soon to be dead horse, a crushed saddle, and a rifle that ended up looking like a banana. I managed to hold the tears back. Sometimes sh*% happens, and it sucks. Sorry to read about your tearjerker.

Firehawk

WKR
Okay, am I the only one wondering what happened to the big animal you pulled the bino out to look at? I keep waiting to hear the rest of the story.

Sorry about your bino. I'm sure that they will come back looking like new and working as good as ever.

OP
Browninglover1
Okay, am I the only one wondering what happened to the big animal you pulled the bino out to look at? I keep waiting to hear the rest of the story.

Sorry about your bino. I'm sure that they will come back looking like new and working as good as ever.

That's where the story gets sad, I was just waving to some companions to let them know where I was. The next day we had a 160" buck walk right through that area but couldn't get a shot off.

Does this mean that Swarovski glass won't pass the famous Rokslide cliff test? I expected better.

Seriously though, I'd be heartbroken if that happened to my cheap Vortex, let alone a set of Swarovski's.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

yhc

WKR
Hopefully the repairs aren't too costly and I can get them back relatively quickly.

I spoke with a Swarovski service rep last week. Apparently this is their busier time and the current turn around time is approximately 8 weeks. By the end of Oct/beginning of Nov they anticipate the turn around time will decrease to about 4 weeks.

Regards,

Mjm316

Lil-Rokslider
I spoke with a Swarovski service rep last week. Apparently this is their busier time and the current turn around time is approximately 8 weeks. By the end of Oct/beginning of Nov they anticipate the turn around time will decrease to about 4 weeks.

Regards,
Not sure about Swaro- never had to use them yet- but Zeiss will give you a loaner of whatever you are having repaired if you explain to them that you still have hunts planned. I have done this 2 times with a spotting scope. Best of luck on a bum deal

Wow... I don't use a tether at all, but this makes me want to at least use a small quick release set up. My binos are Vort razors so they would be totally covered. But to have to finish a hunt w/o glass is a pain. Last year my Razors quit dialing in to focus and they were useless and it was a severe pain. Crazy how used to something we get and the dependency on it becomes second nature. This is making me rethink my non use of a tether. Especially since I am updating all my glass to Swarovski.

Brianb3

WKR
Great to know. Thank you. I’ve often wondered what would happen if.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
I splurged and bought myself some SLCs... I also upgraded my tripod and got the outdoorsmans mount. the first day of my hunt, I clipped my binos into the tripod and then picked up the tripod to move it... the outdoorsmans looked like it was locked down, but it wasn't. The binos came off the tripod and landed right on the oculars. The glass was fine, but it knocked the housing out of alignment. I paid $80 for Swaro to rush the repair and get them back to me in time for my second hunt. Lesson learned: now I have a female clip attached to my tripod that matches the male quick release buckle on my bino harness. Now when I put my binos on the tripod, I clip them in as well, just in case...

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
I splurged and bought myself some SLCs... I also upgraded my tripod and got the outdoorsmans mount. the first day of my hunt, I clipped my binos into the tripod and then picked up the tripod to move it... the outdoorsmans looked like it was locked down, but it wasn't. The binos came off the tripod and landed right on the oculars. The glass was fine, but it knocked the housing out of alignment. I paid $80 for Swaro to rush the repair and get them back to me in time for my second hunt. Lesson learned: now I have a female clip attached to my tripod that matches the male quick release buckle on my bino harness. Now when I put my binos on the tripod, I clip them in as well, just in case...
So the $80 was for a rush repair...or a regular charge fee?

fatrascal

WKR
I once took my backpack off to climb up a rocky spot and while pulling my pack up it got away from me and rolled down the mountain about a hundred yards and ended up in a creek. My worst fears came true and when I pulled out my Swarovski spotting scope I found that the housing around the objective lense was oblong as well as the eyepiece was wobbly. I told Swarovski what happened and I acknowledged that it was my fault but Swarovski fixed it for free. That was about 10 years ago and have upgraded a couple of times. My buddy who bought that spotter is still using it. Fatrascal.

Colberjs

WKR
Well it finally happened; I became one of the guys who destroyed his binos. I pulled my Swaro EL's out of my ACG harness and tripped while holding them. They came out of my hands and proceeded to roll and bounce down a rock filled hill side. It took 20 minutes to find them at the bottom of the hill and both ocular lenses had taken direct hits from rocks and were cracked. Surprisingly, the alignment of the lenses was maintained and even though the FOV is extremely compromised in the right barrel they still worked well enough to hunt with the next day. I attached a picture of the path the binos took and then a picture of the damage. Hopefully the repairs aren't too costly and I can get them back relatively quickly.

View attachment 58520

View attachment 58521

That sucks man!!!

Somewhere around here I have an unused AGC Bino Tether that I ordered a year or so ago and couldn't use because the straps on it are wider than the straps on my older AGC harness. If I can find it in a timely manner, you are welcome to it. I can imagine the sickening feeling when you found them. I'll look for the tether and get back to you.

dah605

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't have a crying moment when I was out in Montana, but I did have some that could have turned into it...

After reading this, I ordered a set of Peak Design Anchor Links to attach my 8x32EL binos to the Sitka bino harness. The attachment points are a little large and I might put some gaff tape on them to make them a little quieter. I wanted something that I could easily swap between the harness and a regular strap.

-David