Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40 w/CDS

mtmuley

WKR
I don't have that particular scope, but I have a few with the CDS. They work great for me, although all mine are MOA and not specific to a load. mtmuley

AlaskaEd

WKR
VX-3s with CDS is all I use. They stay on 200yd zero and I'll only twist the dial if I need it. I've never had an issue and neither has a good buddy who has used them for years longer than me. I have a 308 with a custom made dial, and my 375wsm has the factory MOA, but I'll be getting a custom now that I have a set load. My 308 hits dead on at 300 when turned to 3. That's as far as I've used it at the range.

Some folks will say if you are constantly dialing up and down the CDS mechanism is weak compared to the heavy "tactical" style scopes. It's a hunting rifle scope, I MAY dial it twice a year. You can't beat Leupold for their combination of price, quality, service, and weight.

I have two of the 4.5 x 14 x 40 VX3i scopes but have not set them up with the custom dials yet.

I switched from using BDC reticles to the CDS dials. They are great! Range dial shoot. I have taken mine out to 700 yds and that is far beyond what I have shot or plan to shoot in the field.