Benro S2 head

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
So I found a Gitzo 1550t tripod local on Craigslist for a screaming deal but am looking for a decent fluid head for my new vortex to pair it with. Any feedback on the Benro S2 out there? Also is it a 3/8 inch attachment?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpctcb

WKR
I recently bought one and it works well with my binos and 82mm spotter. It does have the 3/8 mount. I think it’s a great fluid head for the price.

BP

I have one and really like it. It's the only quality panhead I have experience with though. So take it for what it's worth

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I recently bought one and it works well with my binos and 82mm spotter. It does have the 3/8 mount. I think it’s a great fluid head for the price.

BP

Awesome I will get one ordered. Thank you sir.

Jimbob

WKR
I just bought a Manfrotto befree fluid head. I think the specs are better than the S2 and worth the little bit of extra cost. No experience with it yet so i am just going on specs. I was going to go with the befree or the S2.

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I have two and really like them! Used on top off a Slik 634 and Swaro Carbon Travel tripod for glassing with Leica binos, big Kowa spotter and little Vortex spotter works just great!

I have the Benro pan, its a decent head, light enough, strong enough- good pack fit. I also have the Vortex and Manfrotto ball. I actually like the Manfrotto best with pistol grip. But the Benro is way better than the Vortex IMO

jolemons

WKR
Mine has quite a bit of play in it when the pan screw isn't locked down. Not sure if that's normal or a defect, but makes for difficult glassing when panning.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
Mine has a lot of play in it as well unless I crank as tight as I possibly can. Also it leakes lube all over the place when I store it.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
hmm well I already received my Benro. Imagine if anything like what you guys are saying happens SandS Archery will take care of me on it. So far I really like the head. seems sturdy for my 65 razor.

svivian

WKR
Yeah I spoke to rob and he offered to either send it back or I could do it myself and gave me all the info to get ahold of benro but I haven't had a chance since.

CCH

WKR
I ordered a Benro and health issues sidelined it and me. While it waited patiently for me to use it, it leaked quite a bit of fluid. I am sending it back to try out their service and warranty. Hoping I get something back that is able to retain fluids.