I would go with one of these 3 if you want 15s
Leupold 15 x56
Ziess 15 x 56
Swarvoski 15 x56
(look for used to save money)

If you go cheaper stick with 12s

OP
H
Mainly want feedback on the comparison between the two mentioned in my post. But thanks for all the other suggestions as well much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRAGGAR

FNG
I have had the Kiababs for 5 years and love them.In my experience they are a step above leupold you mentioned.I am not a brand chaser but they work great for me.I have spent no telling hours behind these and highly recommend them.ps. i own 6-8 Leupold scopes so i like them as a company as well but prefer Vortex in my binos.

I don't like the Kaibabs at all. They don't fit my face and I don't feel like the glass is that great in them, very small sweet spot. I'd see if you can look through some outside and on a tripod before you drop the cash.

dotman

WKR
I don't like the Kaibabs at all. They don't fit my face and I don't feel like the glass is that great in them, very small sweet spot. I'd see if you can look through some outside and on a tripod before you drop the cash.

X2... I was not impressed with the ones I owned, I would go meopta, Zeiss or Swaro. Maybe try the new leupold but I think it will not stack up.

The specific binos you're asking about have a vastly different feel, and the Kaibab's specifically are pretty polarizing for people. You honestly would need to go feel each one to know if you would like them regardless of how good their glass is.

And 15x, in my opinion, isn't a must unless you spend some serious time behind the glass looking for small animals like coues deer. Definitely not needed for elk hunting but could be helpful for mule deer hunting in very wide open country. And quite frankly 15x isn't the best idea unless you can get some really good glass. The higher you go in magnification the more you'll need top quality glass.

if you already have a high quality 8 or 10x, then 15x will be a good addition if that fits how and where you hunt. If this is your first or only set of good glass then i'd go with 10 or 12x, once again depending on how and where you're hunting.

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
I recently purchased the Kaibabs as an upgrade from my Minox BL's. There is a noticeable size increase, and I have only used them at the range a few times thus far. That said, I love them so far. The clarity is a noticeable upgrade from the Minox BL's (and they appear to have a bit more power, if that is possible). In that price range, there aren't a whole lot of other choices that make sense. So, if you can, handle a pair and see if you like the feel ... but I like mine and am happy I made the purchase.