Adapter plate options

krohboy

WKR
Between my window mount and different tripods I find myself constantly changing adapter shoes. Is there a universal shoe out there that can be mounted to all the different things so that I can use only one shoe for all my different set ups?

I have looked hard but never found what I am looking for. I would be surprised if it didn't exist in the film or photography realm.

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Outdoors man has a quick release to swap your tripod head quickly, but I dont think there ous a universal plate, as there are to many different configurations

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
krohboy

krohboy

WKR
Outdoors man has a quick release to swap your tripod head quickly, but I dont think there ous a universal plate, as there are to many different configurations

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Not looking to invest in a outdoorsmans head at the moment.

What I'm looking for is a plate that mounts to my existing tripod shoe and acts as a second shoe. That way all my systems can use the same shoe.

Kind of confusing I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Short answer is no if your using multiple different heads you'll need multiple shoes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
krohboy

krohboy

WKR
Short answer is no if your using multiple different heads you'll need multiple shoes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What I'm looking for is a shoe system that mounts to the existing shoes to bring all heads on the same field.

In for this one.

I just bought the Benro S2 with 2 additional quick release plates, thinking I could use one for my spotter, 1 for my 15x binos, and 1 for my shooting rest.

Problem is- the Benro plates will fit my S2 head but not my window mount (for glassing from the vehicle).

I was thinking about looking at the Manfrotto BeFree head to see if the plates were the more standard square design.

Sure you can.

Get a couple of these
Amazon.com : Neewer 55mm Universal Screw Knob Clamp with 50mm Quick Release Plate for Tripod Head : Camera & Photo

(Edit: For some reason the link is pasting wierd with taparalk. Just search for an Arca plate clamp)

Or any variation of an Arca plate clamp you like, then pick up some arca plates for your spotter and bino adapter. Bonus is if you have a Peak Design camera clip you'll be able to tripod mount your camera as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
krohboy

krohboy

WKR
Sure you can.

Get a couple of these
Amazon.com : Neewer 55mm Universal Screw Knob Clamp with 50mm Quick Release Plate for Tripod Head : Camera & Photo

(Edit: For some reason the link is pasting wierd with taparalk. Just search for an Arca plate clamp)

Or any variation of an Arca plate clamp you like, then pick up some arca plates for your spotter and bino adapter. Bonus is if you have a Peak Design camera clip you'll be able to tripod mount your camera as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I knew they had to exist! Thanks a ton. This was something hard to search for.

Let me know what you end up getting Krohboy. I'm looking for an adapter for my Benro to fit it to a window mount as well.

Still not sure what I need after looking at Amazon.