Zeiss CS Experiences

Eagle

WKR
I sent my Zeiss Victory T*FL 10x42 binos in to the repair center at Zeiss a month ago. Only problem was that the lens coatings on the ocular lens had worn off over time, and I was hoping they could fix that. Otherwise, they were in great shape.

I just got off the phone with a CS rep and he looked up my case and said they shipped them over to Germany last week for repair as they don't have the parts in the US. Now I'm looking at 4-8 weeks before I get them back, which isn't ideal, but I can work with that. What can I expect from them so far as the repair? Will they be completely replacing the lenses? Anyone have experience with zeiss on a similar repair request?

Beendare

WKR
i've sent in my 20- 25 yr old 15x60s twice....great service...i don't think they charged me a dime....but its been awhile, cant say for sure.

Trial153

WKR
Sent in a pair of binoculars years ago, dropped them 25 feet from a treestand. I don't recall if they sent me a new pair or fixed the originals. In any event they took care of me without issue.

Cinch

Lil-Rokslider
I let a friend borrow my Zeiss Diascope spotter this summer. Somehow he lost the black rubber lens cover off the eyepiece. I wrote them and asked how to purchase a replacement. They said I had to ship them my eyepiece for repair as they don't sell replacement lens covers. I couldn't believe it. Ship them the eyepiece from my spotter to get a $2 rubber lens cover?!?! No thanks