Vortex Gen 2 Razor Spotting Scope impressions

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
So I recently purchased a Gen 2 Vortex Razor Angled Spotting scope. This is my second one as the first took a dive in the ocean so insurance claim covered my new one. I didn't want to take a chances with salt water down the road. Id like to hear others thoughts on how they like the new Gen 2 over Gen 1 spotters.

I love the design its pretty much like the Swarovski scopes. Glass to my eyes is awesome. Only thing I do not like is the added weight on the Gen 2 spotters.

Anyone else have opinions to share on the new Vortex Razor Spotters? I know Vortex is a big sponsor here so thought Id get a thread going about it and see what others thought.

Thanks for looking.

JLH208

WKR
Won't be of much help as I own a Gen 1 Razor 65mm angled but I have heard several times that the glass is not upgraded, just the helical focus.

- Jesse

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
We compared and the Gen2 seems more crisp to my eyes better detail. I read same thing you did but then read other reviews that stated they could see a lot more detail.

svivian

WKR
I don't see a lot of difference when I compared the two and honestly I miss the coarse and fine focus.