Leupold CDS - witness mark alignment off at zero?

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
I have a VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm with the CDS Dial. I noticed that when I zeroed the rifle at 100 yards with the included 1/4 MOA dial, then removed it and replaced it with the CDS dial, no matter how careful I was about alignment of the "1" with the witness mark, I am off by one click.

In the picture, you will see the line to the right of the "1" is where the dial fully stops. I carefully reset the placement, pinning the dial down, and alternated tightening the set screws, but it still was off one click/line to the fully "bottomed out" zeroed position.
I am on at my 100 yard zero distance, but did not have time to check 150, 200, 300, etc.

Thoughts?

CDS Dial.jpg

Mine is the same way, I never worried about it too much and its been good out to 400 yards, the furthest I've shot it to.

Mine is also the same way (although not quite a full click), but I never really worried about it and it shoots just fine out to 300 yards. I haven’t tried it beyond that.
f390a28d1098d1744779f4e70fbd3b03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
THBZN

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Well, having three others experience the same alignment but still be accurate out to 400 is oddly comforting. ;)
My biggest concern was at distance it being off a few inches, and compounding that issue the further out I shot.

I will run a few rounds through it out to 300 and see if there is any major differences.

Thanks all for the input and suggestions!

I have two that are the same way. Always wondered if it was just me. But after running one of them out to 700 yds I haven't thought much about it.
Would be nice to know the reasoning. My thought is it has something to do with the zero stop mechanism.