Bino mount for tripod

Best bino stud/quick mount for tripods??? Links are appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
Field Optics Research Rapid-Release Binocular Tripod Adapter | S&S Archery

I have been using the field optics adapter for the last 3 years and have no complaints. I haven’t tried anything else and I can leave the stud screwed in the binos and still fit in my AGC harness while leaving the tripod adapter on a quick release plate on my tripod head. My hunting partner has the same set up so if we only have 1 tripod either of us can glass with it without having to unscrew the stud portion.

TheTone

WKR
I've got the outdoorsmans which I really like. I have friends with the field optics research and the vortex. Of those two i think the field optics is the better design since it at least has some lock between the binos and the tripod, with the vortex its just sitting there and can pretty easily come apart.

rm06

WKR
I've tried the FOR, the VT-400 and the Outdoorsmans. Ultimately, you get what you pay for.

The VT-400 lost the "captured" screw which I later found - it works okay but it isn't quick detach. The Field Optics Research is decent though it is tough to get the stud tight enough and still have it line up to mount on the post, it is also difficult to operate with cold or gloved hands.

The Outdoorsmans is the best I've tried by far. It is easy to use and is solid. I've always been of the mindset to buy once, cry once. It's a tough pill to swallow at times but to me it is worth it at the end of the day.

I have tried a few, the leupold Velcro strap held 10x42 great but did not lock down 15x56 well.
The field optics research seamed like a good idea but when mounted up the binos moved in the wind or if I rested my head against them. Their customer service is also poor.
I have had a vortex unidaptor which as someone else mentioned is loose and does not lock.
I also have a Jim white unidaptor from couse whitetail for some reason that unidaptor locks in place and I can hold it with 15x56 upside down. They will only drop with a hard shake or two.
Think this has to do with the roll pin being a bit larger.

BigDog00

WKR
The outdoorsman will lock the binos to the tripod. I've used the vortex uni adapter and had my binos fall off. The outdoorsman is spending but well worth it.

bradb

WKR
The Vortex(Jim Whites) does NOT just have to sit there. Just screw your tripod plate to the long piece that attaches to the bino.
Real simple

I have used the vortex for a few years, but it does bug me to have the post attached to my binos all the time. It makes it more difficult to get the binos in/out of my harness. I will upgrade to the outdoorsman's at some point.

CCH

WKR
I ended up ponying up for the Outdoorsman's and really like it. It's about the only product they sell that I could afford. ;) Looked at the Vortex in the store, but decided the extra money was worth it.

Go outdoordoorsman’s it’s a superior adapter that can seem overpriced but once you use it for the first time and then dozens more times after, you’ll realize you’ve made the right choice. I say this after using the rubber band and unidapter tripod adapters and I now regret spending money on either of those in the first place.

prconnection

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the vortex for a few years, but it does bug me to have the post attached to my binos all the time. It makes it more difficult to get the binos in/out of my harness. I will upgrade to the outdoorsman's at some point.

This bugged me as well. I switched to the Field Optics Research and I like it way better.