Leupold Vx3i Feedback

sndmn11

WKR
Does anyone have feedback on the Vx3I series from Leupold? We had our first child last Friday, and the "push present" request from my better half was her own rifle. I have a Weatherby Camilla in 7mm-08 ordered along with some Talley Lightweight mounts. This is a 2" barreled rifle. I was leaning towards topping it off with the 3.5-10x40 version, since it is only an ounce or so heavier than the 2-8x model. I was thinking of getting the CDS dials with the windplex reticle because she likes to shoot a lot more than I do, and does so on her own, and she enjoys shooting targets out to 600yds. Deer and pronghorn shots would be limited to 300-400 provided she feels comfortable in training for that shot, and 200-300 on elk.
I have read some reports of poor tracking when dialing with some Leupold scopes. I do understand that she can sight in at 200yds and hold high about 8" at 300 yards with a standard duplex and no dialing, but it would be fun for her to practice out further.
I am hoping to get some feedback on this line and read some shared experiences.

N2TRKYS

WKR
The VX3 and now the VX3i is all I'll use for my hunting rifles. I love them and have never had one let me down. I've only been using them(the VX3 version) since 1995, though.

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
The 3.5-10 would be a great setup for her if it's primarily a hunting rig. I have a vx3 model and it's been a great scope.
Congrats on the baby and your wife sure sounds like a keeper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vx3 3.5-10 cds on my 06. dials out to 500 easily with solid glass for the money...i did get mine on close out for around 300 right before the vx3i came out.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Thanks guys. My original thought was to look at a smaller scope (2-7, 2-8, etc), but, there is only a 1-3oz savings in doing so. The fixed 6x42 is actually heavier than the variable I mentioned. For those of you that have the CDS, have you found it to be as useful as you thought, or something you don't use much?

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
I use the dial that came with it coupled with the strelok app, and it has been flawless on my .300 wm.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

E in CO

Lil-Rokslider
running the 3.5-10x40 VX3i with CDS on 7RM for past couple seasons. So far it has held zero and tracked but I don't dial it often. I keep wondering if it would've been better with the B&C reticle and shoot in the hold overs given the internet chatter regarding the Leopold failures when dialed often. Have you considered the SWFA SS 3-9x40 if you want to dial a bunch? No first hand experience with them but seem to read about them a lot when Google searching. Good luck and congrats!

stevevan

WKR
Hello: I have an extra VX3i that I would be interested in selling. It is as new with the exception I had the dial done for a .243 which I have since sold leaving me with the scope. It is the 3.5-10x40 CDS with duplex. If interested send me a PM and we can maybe give it a new home.

stevevan

WKR
Understand. Anyone else interested give me a PM. It's ANIB. wo turret coupon. $300 TYD.