Slik Pro 624 CF Tripod Question

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking really hard at getting this tripod but I have a question for anyone who has used it. I understand it's a sit to glass tripod but I like to bring along a little tripod type stool to sit on while I glass. I'm wondering if the tripod would be tall enough to sit under while on the stool or if it's a sit on the ground only tripod?

cg2737

WKR
I have the 624 and use my Helinox chair with it. It is not a perfect fit but it works. I think a regular height camp chair would be too high. It works great with my Kifaru field chair, but you are essentially sitting on the ground while using said chair. I think if you are looking at sitting in a chair while using it the 634 might be a better option.

OP
L

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
Alright thanks, the stool I use is probably about the same height as the helinox. I'm still undecided between the 624 and 634 but I really like how small and light the 24 is.

Have you considered the Slik Lite 522? It's the same weight, folds down an inch smaller, but goes up 13" higher than the 624. I think they're a bit more expensive, though. S&S as well as the GoHunt shop sell them

boom

WKR
Yes, it will work.

I’ve done this. Especially when testing various spotting scopes. I sit in a chair. You might run into issues if you’re glassing uphill. I suspect you’ll need to extend the middle rod.

I used mine all week in a camp chair; but for my rifle rest plinking at camp with my pellet rifle. It was also tall enough for that. Plus I consider it awesome if I find a flat rock about that height to sit my pad on to make a seat for glassing. Saves the knees.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
The 624 cf will work just fine I have been doing this same thing for a year and a half

OP
L

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the input from everybody. I checked on that refurbished from slik but it looks like they have the 723. I already have a larger tripod so I'm really looking at the 624. It sounds like it should work for what I'm wanting so i think I'll go ahead and try it out.

dotman

WKR
I sit in a helinox chair and easily have plenty of adjustment to use it and this is without the center rod extended.