Swaro eye piece swap

I did not know that the Swaro spotting scope ATS series eye pieces swap out.
I hd the 80 with the nice 25x50 W eye piece and recently acquired the 65 ATS with the standard 20x60.

I decided to see if they were inter changeable with each other and they are.
So now I have exactly what I want for certain situations without having to buy the ATX series

I guess I was in the dark and just never knew this

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just think, you can get an ATX, add the BTX to it... and make it even heavier lol. I'd like to have an STM 65 myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Just think, you can get an ATX, add the BTX to it... and make it even heavier lol. I'd like to have an STM 65 myself.

I do wonder why they discontinued the “M” line, I’d like an ATM 65 someday but guess I’ll add the Kowa 55 someday especially if they improve by adding a rotating collar and put a removable eyepiece on it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I do wonder why they discontinued the “M” line, I’d like an ATM 65 someday but guess I’ll add the Kowa 55 someday especially if they improve by adding a rotating collar and put a removable eyepiece on it.
Yeah, those M series Swaros are getting tough to find. I would be happy if they just did a rotating collar on that Kowa, but I would probably get the straight and make a killer window mount scope. I'm not sure a WA eyepiece on that one would do much. A fixed would be sweet though, and even lighter.

The first gen vortex razor eyepieces also fit the swaro. I run the mil ranging 30x fixed for long range shooting. I also have the 30x plain fixed. They are smaller diameter, lighter and shorter than the swaro EP's......

OP
mfllood3800
The first gen vortex razor eyepieces also fit the swaro. I run the mil ranging 30x fixed for long range shooting. I also have the 30x plain fixed. They are smaller diameter, lighter and shorter than the swaro EP's......

I would've never thought to look at this. Is the quality lower with the Razor ocular?
- Just curious if it was bumped up a bit using the Swaro Obj vs the Razor?

I got my scope at a local shop and asked him to order me the 25x50 and I would swap it out and pay the difference. Then I woke up in the middle of the night wondering if these from the 80 / 65 would inter change, so when I got up and tried it, sure enough they did.

I went back to the local shop and asked them if they knew this, they said no.
I canceled my order as my 80 came with it.

I really posted this cause I cant believe I and the local shop are the only 2 people that were in the dark.

The vortex eyepieces are HD glass. I can tell no optical difference between them and swaro, and being a smaller diameter, the vortex fits my face better. Kind of hard to describe, but it fits my eye socket perfectly, whereas the swaro is just bumped up against my eyebrow. Both the swaro and vortex fixed power eyepieces are getting hard to find. I like the fixed 30 so much, I never remove it from my 65. I leave a the variable on the 80. I sold the other one as I never used it after getting the 30x.

dotman

WKR
It should be noted these are the Gen 1 Vortex Razor eyepieces that have been discontinued for a year or more and are hard to find. Not sure the Gen 2 has the same eyepiece or mount.

OP
mfllood3800
BC don't be shy- put a link here so we don't have to dig 20 pages deep to find it
;)