Burris Veracity 5-25x50 or Vortex Hunter Light Razor 3-15x42 or?

work765

WKR
Finally got some money and time for an upgrade. I currently have a 3-9 monarch, with a basic reticle and its not cutting it.

The new scope will be going on a Tikka T3, 308. I'm looking for a scope that will do 200-500yards with ease. I missed a mullie across a canyon at 480yds just recently and it absolutely sucks thinking I could have made it with the right equipment.

I love the idea of the light weight Vortex, but one of my gripes about the Monarch was how it performed in low light. I'm not sure if the Vortex being better quality and better glass will improve that or its strictly limited by tube/objective size?

The burris Veracity seems awesome minus the weight. I have no idea how heavy that is going to be once I start hoofing it around.
I usually hike at least a couple miles, maybe more maybe less. I hunt out West

also the Burris is First focal plane and the vortex, second I believe. I dont even know which one i prefer honestly. I dont have a ton of scope experience. But it seems like the general consensus is that FFP is a better choice.

Plus, knowing my self, I will probably be using the Reticle to adjust for holdover and not the Turrets, So that isn't the most important thing to me, as of now. Once I get more experience that might change.

Any help is appreciated. I really want to get my system setup for more success! And i need some serious range time.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
The SWFA SS 3-9x42mm MQ is a far better choice for your stated use than either of those. Mechanical integrity, correct functioning, turrets and reticle are all better.

I have the veracity 3-15 on my .300win and I absolutely love it. Looking at putting the 2-10 on my new build.

OP
W

work765

WKR
I got the Veracity 4-20 Over Black Friday weekend. She’s shipped and should be here soon! Can’t wait to start shooting with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk