Black Friday Rifle Scope decision

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I want to pick up a scope during the sales tomorrow...I’m between Leupold VX3, SWFA SS, and Vortex Razor HD LH...putting it on a model 70 EW 7mmRM. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you have a store that would happen to have all three (even if you're not buying there)- I've found nothing beats a side by side comparo; not sure on the SWFA, but the warranty on both Leupold and Vortex is pretty darn solid- a factor I always consider

Snowy

Lil-Rokslider
If you're spinning turrets I'd go SWFA SS no question. All I've had have tracked like a champ.

odin0226

Lil-Rokslider
No experinse with SWFA; but I've used about every top end glass MFG.
And mid range cost glass as well.
If its simply for hunting , no long range expextation, I would look at glass quality and warranty .
What is your price range? What's the intended purpose?

OP
Phil4

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I’d like to keep it under 500 bucks. Purpose is hunting deer, elk, etc 500yds and closer.

odin0226

Lil-Rokslider
With that in mind it would be between Leupold and Vortex IMO. Vortex warranty is the best out there, but would only reccomend the Razer line ( jap glass) the viper is very low quality glass and flat sux in low light conditions.

Ive own a VX3, sits on my muzzleloader. 6 yrs old with no issues.

I have a Leupold VX- R 4-12X50 on my wife 6.5 creedmoor. The glass is pretty good for the cost, illuminated reticle, and the fire dot duplex can be used to 500 yards or so. Her first deer ever was a 150 inch mule deer using that rifle. 560 yard shot no less. I think the 3-9 version runs around $500.

Hope that helps

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I want to pick up a scope during the sales tomorrow...I’m between Leupold VX3, SWFA SS, and Vortex Razor HD LH...putting it on a model 70 EW 7mmRM. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Good afternoon and happy Thanksgiving,
We are closed today for the holiday but are back in the store first thing tomorrow morning. Please feel free to give us a call to discuss options as well as special RokSlide pricing

Enjoy the day

Snowy

Lil-Rokslider
As much as I prefer SS for dialing, under 500 I'd stick with a fixed 6x Leupold with LR dots.