Vortex Razor 10x42 worth it?

I have some Leupold Mohave 10 x 42 pro HD. Would I be gaining much performance by going with the razors? What types of differences will I notice? The Leupold are the best I’ve owned so I don’t really know what I’m missing with the higher-priced glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xxtavixx

Lil-Rokslider
Prob better suited for the optics section. But, IMO theres not enough difference between the two units for the cost. Save up for some Swarovski binocs.

With that said, go look at several brands and models and decide for yourself

rbljack

WKR
This is exactly the dilemma I have. I have the same ones as you and was wondering if the Razor 10x42 would be a significant upgrade. My thinking is that I am going to try and save up so I can cry once. If I can ever do it, the swaro's are my target bino in 10x42. Still need to look through them, but based on theory...that's where I'm at.

elkguide

WKR
Save your money.

Not enough difference to spend your "new saving account" money that will be enjoyed a lot more when you buy top notch glass.

Swarovski fanboy here but I wouldn't hesitate to buy Leicas either.

530Chukar

WKR
I would say yes there is going to be quite a big difference. I went from a similar Leupold green ring bino to the Vortex Razor 10x42s two years ago and there was quite a difference in clarity. The biggest difference I noticed was being able to look into the shadows and pick things apart with the Razor vs what I was able to do with the Leupolds.

JNDEER

WKR
I have not looked through your current Leupolds.

You can search in the optics a discussion I had entitled "my quest for the one." Although I didn't look through leupolds of the $500 ish binoculars I did look through I can see that I noticed a significant difference optically between the $500 ish binos and the $1000 ish binos. It is when you compare the $1000 to the $1800 that although $1800 is better, the difference are not so pronounced.

If you can save for the $2000 bino than do it, if all you want to spend on your binos is $1000 then I would venture to guess that the razors would in fact be a good upgrade for you.

Bones

WKR
I haven't had my hands on the razors, but I went from the non-hd mojave's to cabelas euro and maven B2's both of those were a significant upgrade. I would not hesitate to recommend those for the price range of the Razors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why vortex razors?? Zeiss conquest and meopta meostar hd can both be found for 600$ or so and in certain aspects out perform alpha glass..

JP100

WKR
I have used Vortex razors for a couple of years now. Good glass

Save ya money and get some swaros. there is nothing like them. As a guide I look through all my clients glass, Leica,Swaro and Ziess all the time. Im saving for Swaros as I think they are the best for my eyes, with Leica in 2nd place. dont rate Zeiss much

I have a set. I think they are a good balance of performance and cost. The swaros are better glass for sure but at over twice the price. Vortex warranty and service are top notch.

Beendare

WKR
My buddy has those Leopold HDS...and I had the Vipers

No , your bino has better glass than the Vipers, IMO.

you would have to spend a lot of $$$ to upgrade from what you have to Swaro, Nikon EDG, Zeiss or Leica

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Throwing 1 in for the maven B2's your money is much better spent with Maven as its a better built better quality optic and in same price range as the vortex. it competes with the big dogs in my book.

mtmuley

WKR
If I had a nickel for every time I heard or read about the awesome Vortex warranty, I could buy some Swarovski's. mtmuley

wyoguy

Lil-Rokslider
I just recently upgraded from my 10 year old Leupold cascades not sure how the Mojave compare to them but my cascades comparing to other $1000 optics is not even close. I would suggest looking through all the binoculars you can to help your decision as I did, with me wearing eyeglasses i wanted the best field of view i could get. I went with Zeiss conquests but really liked the Leica trinovids and Cabelas Euro all were comparable but just liked Zeiss for somereason. The razors and swaro SLC i personally didn't get the best views out of so I suggest looking through everything before you buy. I really like the Swaro EL and Zeiss Victory HT they were the best but then comes the price tag.

Mtnman84

Lil-Rokslider
I have had gold rings, razors and now I have all swaro glass I would have saved alot of money if I just bit the bullet and went swaro first you can't go wrong, the resale value will always be there and in my opinion there is nothing better.

ElkNut1

WKR
I haven't used the Mohave's you have but I'd be willing to bet that the Razors will outshine your present ones with no problem! I do own the Razors & Swaros SV 10X42, I choose the the Razors hands down for several reasons, cost, clear optics & don't have to worry about babying them. They perform flawlessly for the serious hunter. No question you would be happy with the Razors!

ElkNut/Paul

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the Mojave pro guide hd's 8x42 all season and I am going to upgrade to 10's either Zeiss conquest hd's or Swaro slc's I have compared both and my eyes seem to like the zeiss better( and my wallet the price) but I am doing more research first.

WRO

WKR
I haven't used the Mohave's you have but I'd be willing to bet that the Razors will outshine your present ones with no problem! I do own the Razors & Swaros SV 10X42, I choose the the Razors hands down for several reasons, cost, clear optics & don't have to worry about babying them. They perform flawlessly for the serious hunter. No question you would be happy with the Razors!

ElkNut/Paul
Aren't you a vortex dealer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ElkNut1

WKR
WRO, yes! But I'm also a very serious hunter, as I mentioned above I have Swaros & Razors, I'm not speculating when I say these two optics are extremely close optically. The OP was asking if Razors may be a good choice for his hunts, In my opinion, absolutely! I've spent hours behind both & I still choose the Razors for the reasons above. Swaros are nice for sure but not for double the price. For guys looking for decent glass that most likely will not be used more than 4 weeks a year it's tough to pay 2000.00 for something not necessary. In the end it's the OP's decision, just sharing my findings.

ElkNut/Paul

boom

WKR
my brother runs the Razor 10x42. i use Leica.

the Razors are super light..way lighter than mine. that is amazing if you're hiking your butt off. i look thru his all the time. the hue is different from mine. his seem to be more green looking.

clarity is awesome on the Razors. i would need to put them side by side to tell, but he has no complaints. i do think the edge clarity on the Razors are awesome. sitting in the dark waiting for the sun to creep up..i do notice i am behind my glass before him. he needs more light. i'm staring out looking earlier. this next part is subjective: he finds way more deer than i do. :)

and he is brutal on his binoculars. almost lazy with respect to caring for them. he will test that warranty for sure.