Leupold CDS

KurtR

WKR
Enough said about this subject. We have some very strong opinions on this subject. Opinions are all we have as I've yet to see any real facts presented other than just hearsay. Leupold can't be that bad as the proof is in the share of the market they have and the number of years the company has been in existance. I'll remain a Leupold and Swarovski (another brand that was bashed) user as my experience as a HUNTER with them has been positive. Happy hunting everyone and enjoy whatever brand of scope rests on your rifle.

There is lots of proof you just choose to ignore it. Tracking tests done on here plus Snipershide and other places all report the same. The instructors at rifles only report a high failure rate of Leupold in classes they teach. Look at what is used in the prs how many Leupold are there or in competition in general. They sat on there hands for to long being accustomed to being on of the only game in town and got passed up in a big way.

204guy

WKR
I think the cds is probably the worst business decision Leupold has ever made. They sold a ton of them and as a result people that wouldn't have ever known any different have had there eyes opened to Leupolds subpar erectors. And because they haven't addressed the problem there's no doubt they're losing huge chunks of market share as a result. Myself, probably Luke and others in this thread included.

Out of the box the cds is garbage. No zero stop, spins way to easy, and no rev indicator. One accidental turret spin and you have no zero reference. That's not even getting into tracking, rtz, zero retention etc.

As to this it's a hunting scope bs, do hunters have less of a responsibility to place there shots than others? There's no way anyone is going to get proficient at 600+ yds shooting 100-300 rounds a year. A 100 long range rds a year with a cds is more likely to leave you scratching your head than proficient.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TwoTikkas

WKR
Agreed. The couple cds scopes I had were found to be off the zero mark on more than one occasion. I blamed it on sliding them in and out of soft gun cases between locations. Seemed like a good idea at first. I've no need for it in actual fact. My big game rifles are all of the same ilk. 8 inches low at 300 yards. Beyond that,Ill have ranged it anyway,and 300 plus is very rare for me. There are stands that offer it,but without a really good rest,Ill pass.

I think the cds is probably the worst business decision Leupold has ever made. They sold a ton of them and as a result people that wouldn't have ever known any different have had there eyes opened to Leupolds subpar erectors. And because they haven't addressed the problem there's no doubt they're losing huge chunks of market share as a result. Myself, probably Luke and others in this thread included.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have always really liked Leupold. I have a number of their scopes. Including a VX-3 and VX-6 with CDS. I haven't mounted the VX-6 yet, and now I'm not sure I want to. Putting a dial on a scope that isn't engineered to be dialed seems to be a recipe for disaster. Putting a bad taste in consumer mouths is a shitty thing to do. Ask Sears and other company's that have done similar things how well that worked out for them?