Leica HD-B = Very Disappointing

What are you having to apply loctite to on the bino hand, there are no threads other then attaching a quick release plate for a tripod head.

Bino Hand
I don't have a bino hand. I have the Leica with an outdoorsman adapter for my outdoorsman pan heads. The adapter plate turns occasionaly.

Ive been using these all over the west since they came out and have been very impressed with them glass is great and the range and ballistic card is very nice i also use the els and they are sweet too the leica for rifle season are my go to .i have bought and sold a lot of gear but these have been an item i never regretted

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Glad they got you taken care of Tim. Mine has never failed me due to cold and the glass is very clear edge to edge. Let us know if the new pair has crisper glass when you get them.
I went the opposite direction with the mounts. I started with the Leica mounting plate and switched to the Outdoorsmans 42mm ring mount. It's not perfect but better the the bulky plate from leica. IMO

Leica is going to replace my binocular with a brand new one, currently they are awaiting a shipment so it'll be a little while before but Leica is not shipping anything to the US until they are 100% confident that no problem binocular is sent here.

Quick pic I took during the hunt I had the issues, I would like to try the Leica Tripod mount as the Outdoorsmans bino hand isn't that impressive.

56C8j8L.jpg

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Thanks Tony, I’ll keep this thread updated but I think I had an overall bad unit. I think I just need to play with the Bino Hand more, I’m not giving up on it just yet.

Ive been using the bino hand as well works good bulky but holds them pretty ive actually been thinking about trying the leica plastic mount looks like from a few video reviews it comes on and off faster

FYI, the Leica stabilite might not work with some heads, it didn't work with my benro S2.

Leica received my HD Bs on 12/12, I inquired about the status today because I hadnt heard anything and got the following response: "your geovids could not be repaired in NJ; so they have been sent to our factory in Europe for service. This repair can take up to 16 weeks to complete."

Not particularly impressed.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Leica received my HD Bs on 12/12, I inquired about the status today because I hadnt heard anything and got the following response: "your geovids could not be repaired in NJ; so they have been sent to our factory in Europe for service. This repair can take up to 16 weeks to complete."

Not particularly impressed.

Have you called them? It was my impression these are not being repaired but replaced but they are going to be awhile till they get inventory in the US.

Have you called them? It was my impression these are not being repaired but replaced but they are going to be awhile till they get inventory in the US.

I have not called. Mine are the 2000 model so I wonder if there are 2000s to replace them with.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would call them, you usually get a better answer that way than through email.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Update: Well just received the call, they have officially replaced mine with a brand new bino that came in today. They are shipping it overnight air. Pretty impressed with my warranty experience even though it started back in Dec.

Last edited: