Does this scope exist?

2five7

WKR
I was in the same boat looking for a scope. I was going to look at the Leupold with Greybull precision set up. Does anyone have experience with this set-up vs the CDS? My buddy had this set-up in CO and dialed to 500 and smoked a bull. He says he loves it.

I have 2 of these scopes,they both track perfectly from all my testing. One is on a 270, the other on a 6.5 cm, both are lighter weight rigs. These are 700 yards rifles, the scopes are boringly repeatable at this range.

gelton

WKR
Good thread that I am watching closely. As for Grey Bull Precision - I am a bit confused how changing a turret (without addressing the erectors) could help solve the reported problems of leupolds not tracking though. Bushnell has made great leaps recently according to reports but I just cant see myself buying one. The Sig Whiskey is intriguing.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was in the same boat looking for a scope. I was going to look at the Leupold with Greybull precision set up. Does anyone have experience with this set-up vs the CDS? My buddy had this set-up in CO and dialed to 500 and smoked a bull. He says he loves it.

500yd isn't much of a workout to dial for, errors don't really get magnified. The gun I used this season I have a nothing special vortex HS on it and had no issue dialing moderate distances (it had 6 kills between 300 and 700yd this season) but I expect if I did a tracking test on the scope it likely would have some issues and those could cause issues in repeatable longer shots. Eventually the glass on this gun will get upgraded but works for its purpose for now.

Good thread that I am watching closely. As for Grey Bull Precision - I am a bit confused how changing a turret (without addressing the erectors) could help solve the reported problems of leupolds not tracking though. Bushnell has made great leaps recently according to reports but I just cant see myself buying one. The Sig Whiskey is intriguing.

Unfortunately people always associate bushnell with their $80 entry 3-9s and $50 rimfire scopes. Their top of line models have been good for some time. The Bushnell Elite Tactical lineup is made by Light Optic Works in Japan, same as Nightforce, Vortex Razor models (prior to some mfr going to china or phillipines), and numerous other respected optics. They have garnered a following in the Precision rifle crowd for being no-nonsense optics with reliable tracking, ease of set up (clean reticle, parallax free settings), and solid reticle choices.

mcseal2

WKR
I have a Leupold VX-6 that I'm sending in now due to tracking issues. I spoke with Leupold on the phone yesterday because my gunsmith said they new VX-3i and some of them have a better erector system. They said all VX-6 have the better erector system. I keep reading about issues with it and I have now experienced them myself so I guess it's not a great dialing scope. I wish it were, the glass is excellent. I was a big fan of them until now. I'm looking at selling it when it comes back and getting a Night Force SHV.

I got to look through a 5-20x Huskemaw today, the glass isn't great. I have a 5-30x Huskemaw on my new long range 264 and it is much better. I didn't really want that big and heavy of a scope but couldn't pass the deal I got on it. Now that I have it I like it on that gun, but wouldn't want it on something I would carry a lot. I jokingly call it the Hubbel space telescope.