Ziess 10x40 B/GA T* Dialyt MT

golfbum

WKR
Zeiss 10x40 B/GA T* Dialyt MT

I have a pair of Zeiss 10x40 B/GA T* Dialyt MT that I just sent in and got back after a little overhaul done on them by Zeiss.

My question is how do these compare to some of the newer upper end optics and if I decided to get rid of them, what would be a step up from these? Also what is the value on a pair in used but good shape?

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
I had the Zeiss you reference from about the late '80s until '02. I thought they were pretty good until I was goat scouting with a friend. He had a pair of Swaro 10x42 ELs. At a GPS measured 6 miles in the Colorado high country, we looked at a billy he'd seen over there the day before that was back out and visible........as a white spec in my Zeiss and as a goat with legs, etc in the Swaros. I got a pair of Swaros, sold the old Zeiss and never looked back! And the new Swarovision versions are better than than the old '02 version.

wyosteve

WKR
I'll echo what Blockcaver said. I had the same Zeiss in the 90's/early 2000's and then they were comparable to the older Swaros imo. But I've since graduated to Swaro EL's and there is no comparison to the older optics. In terms of sale, I'd say somewhere in the $400 to $600 range.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Thanks for the feedback!

Maybe will try to move them, or worst case they will make a great bino for one of my boys when they are old enough to get out with me!