10 power binoculars

WRO

WKR
I also have the Zeiss HT. Got them brand new on sale from a local retailer for $1175. Haven't seen a deal like that on new ones since but I wouldn't hesitate to spend that on some used ones. Awesome binoculars that feel great in the hand. Swaro SLCs would be another great optic.
That's a great deal..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Look for some new Zeiss Conquest HD's on Ebay and other forums. I saw a few pairs go for around 700.00 recently. IMHO there's nothing that can touch them in the under $1000.00 range.

We have done many side by sides and quite honestly the best binocular under $1,000.00 in a 10x42 is the GPO 10x42 Passion HD. It's even VERY close to the Swarovski SLC's.
We tested against, and found it superior, to the Zeiss Conquest HD, Leica Trinovid, Vortex Razor and Minox HG

Leica Trinovid HD are certainly a contender in the $1000 range.
I've looked through Leica Trinovid HD, Zeiss Conquest HD, Vortex Razor HD and Meopta Meopro HD. All very similar. I believe each person views things a little differently.
The key is to get a few together and look through them at first or last light. Obviously easier said than done but this is the only way to pick out which will be best for your eyes.
My eyes like Leica glass the best. Not to mention they are lightweight, compact, great ergonomics and sexy.
Oh and Leica customer service is top notch. They have gone above and beyond in my dealings with them.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
as are the Leupold Gold Rings....

they are a little tough to come by as these are several years discontinued, but they are out there- I picked up a very lightly used pair (10x42) last year and used them all season long- very impressive (coming from a 25 year game warden who spent his entire career peeking through binos :))