10 power binoculars

freebird

WKR
I’ve set my budget ar 1,000 to 1200 bucks. Kinda like the Zeiss conquest binoculars. What else out there should I consider.

LandYacht

WKR
Grab a pair of used Zeiss HTs for your top budget or just a hair above. Brightest bino there is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I would say go the used route. I went the used route a few months ago and got some used EL 10x42's for 1000. The day they arrived at my house, I sent them back out to Swaro to have them cleaned for free. They replaced an objective lense as well!

Jimbob

WKR
I bought some like new old model Leica Trinovids for $750. If my budget was 1200 I would be looking at used Swaro's (great warranty by everything I have read)

Grab a pair of used Zeiss HTs for your top budget or just a hair above. Brightest bino there is

I agree with this!!

Best for low light, early in morning and late in evening!!

I could have gotten any of the different binocs when I was shopping for mine. I ended up with the Zeiss HT

Bob

I went to Outdoorsmans in Arizona and we put up the Swaro EL, Swaro SLC, Zeiss's.... I went with ELs. Keep your eye out and you can definitely find a used pair of SLCs in your budget or an older set of ELs.

Meopta is worth a look get them from cabelas if you're close and it makes for an easy warranty exchange if you ever have proplems. Easy company to deal with too imo.

WRO

WKR
A buddy of mine has a set of New/used Euro HDs in 10x42 for sale right now for 700 if your interested.

excaliber

WKR
Look for some new Zeiss Conquest HD's on Ebay and other forums. I saw a few pairs go for around 700.00 recently. IMHO there's nothing that can touch them in the under $1000.00 range.

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I am leaning toward the zeiss conquest also. I've compared them with some vortex and swaro slc's and to my eyes the zeiss are better, especially for the money.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If buying new, Vortex Raor HD's are probably the best in your budget and if you go the used route, the Swarovski EL's are the best out there in the 10's. You truly can't compare any binocular side by side at a store or buddies house for five minutes. You need to spend a day behind each glass to see how they compare to one another. They need to be compared in a multitude of lighting conditions and at varying distances to understand the good and bad with each optic.

frankrb3

WKR

I also have the Zeiss HT. Got them brand new on sale from a local retailer for $1175. Haven't seen a deal like that on new ones since but I wouldn't hesitate to spend that on some used ones. Awesome binoculars that feel great in the hand. Swaro SLCs would be another great optic.