Audubon Spotting Scope Round Up

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
101418_1016536_272187.gif

883-banner-728x90-animated.gif

We have some great news to share about the new Kowa 55mm series TSN spotting scope and the Kowa 883.

Kowa-883.jpg

Audubon conducted a spotting scope round up and Kowa came out on top for their Top of the Line category (TSN-883/TE-11WZ) and the TSN-553 for the Midrange category.

Here is the Audubon article so you can brush up on what's what in the spotting scope world. It is a great read on many spotters you know about and I'm sure a bunch you are not aware of.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.

Have a great day.
Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000, 212-753-5128
Please visit our web site @ Cameras, Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Rifle Scopes | Camera Land NY
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

101418_1016536_272187.gif

883-banner-728x90-animated.gif

We have some great news to share about the new Kowa 55mm series TSN spotting scope and the Kowa 883.

Kowa-883.jpg

Audubon conducted a spotting scope round up and Kowa came out on top for their Top of the Line category (TSN-883/TE-11WZ) and the TSN-553 for the Midrange category.

Here is the Audubon article so you can brush up on what's what in the spotting scope world. It is a great read on many spotters you know about and I'm sure a bunch you are not aware of.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you.

Have a great day.
Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000, 212-753-5128
Please visit our web site @ Cameras, Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Rifle Scopes | Camera Land NY
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

Thanks for this doug, The kowa has been the top dog for quite a while it seems. Really nice to see the Maven score that well.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That isn't the only scope on their ranking, did you read the linked thread?
Skimmed it. Not really going to get worked up over a review from a birding site, when my intended end use and theirs are quite different.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Skimmed it. Not really going to get worked up over a review from a birding site, when my intended end use and theirs are quite different.

Audubon is also a birding site. Isn't the intended use for both wildlife viewing? I don't see how they are different at all, the top priority for hunters and birders is optical quality.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Audubon is also a birding site. Isn't the intended use for both wildlife viewing? I don't see how they are different at all, the top priority for hunters and birders is optical quality.
Parallels? Sure. Different? Absolutely. I'm well aware of what Audubon is, and I'll repeat since you missed it the first time, I don't share much in common with birders for my end use criteria. You can spin it towards optical quality, but the reason I'm looking through glass, and the reason they are looking through glass are entirely different things.

Ronb

WKR
Birders put a premium on fov, color, and ergos. Therefore, 8x32’s are often their choice, not caring about the first and last moments of the day. When a 42mm obj. would give a few more minutes. They also tend to carry the biggest and heaviest spotter cuz they often don’t stray far from the car. For me as a hunter, give me 42mm objectives and no more than a 65mm scope. I don’t hunt anywhere near my car or any car for that matter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birders put a premium on fov, color, and ergos. Therefore, 8x32’s are often their choice, not caring about the first and last moments of the day. When a 42mm obj. would give a few more minutes. They also tend to carry the biggest and heaviest spotter cuz they often don’t stray far from the car. For me as a hunter, give me 42mm objectives and no more than a 65mm scope. I don’t hunt anywhere near my car or any car for that matter!

I also put a premium on fov, contrast, and ergos for hunting. I haven't had any issues glassing with my 8x32s and I think you might be surprised by how many birders prefer smaller 60-65mm scopes.

Ronb

WKR
Mmmmmm. Not sure why you are so combative. I’m speaking in generalities. I know without question most hunters prefer a 42mm bino, and so do you. You don’t need to convince me of how nice an 8x32 is. I know, and I gave it much consideration. I use an 8.5x42 which for me is the perfect hunting bino. Ten times the hunters run 10x42’s. We all want it all. Mag, fov,brightness, contrast, sharpness and so on. We all value all of these things. But, a birder generally will choose a bino and scope that most hunters will not. Often, in their testing brightness is not even something they score on. Most hunters will have that high on their list.