Maven 15x56

bhowren

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried these binoculars? How would you rate them? What binoculars are comparable? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Glass seems pretty good if you can get over the awful blocky eyecups. you might want to try a demo before you buy

I spoke to some optics industry experts and they told me that the new Leupold Santiums and the Maven B4s have the same externals. Perhaps you could try out the ergonomics by checking out a pair of the Leupolds in stores somewhere. That would be easier than going through the hassle of ordering a demo? The glass would be different but I've heard good things. Jordan did a review on them in the field and that video is up on YouTube. I do agree with Hatch, the eyecups make them unusable for me. So bulky I couldn't get my face in on them enough to get a full FOV. It'll just depend on the person and your facial anatomy. I have deep eye sockets I guess.

WRO

WKR
I spoke to some optics industry experts and they told me that the new Leupold Santiums and the Maven B4s have the same externals. Perhaps you could try out the ergonomics by checking out a pair of the Leupolds in stores somewhere. That would be easier than going through the hassle of ordering a demo? The glass would be different but I've heard good things. Jordan did a review on them in the field and that video is up on YouTube. I do agree with Hatch, the eyecups make them unusable for me. So bulky I couldn't get my face in on them enough to get a full FOV. It'll just depend on the person and your facial anatomy. I have deep eye sockets I guess.

I did a side by side test with the sanitams and the euro's yesterday.

Ran them through a simple edge to edge, detail, colors, etc off a tripod. Overall, I wasn't super impressed with them, they have a really touchy focus, horrible eye cups, and seem darker and more yellow in coloring than the meoptas.

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
I did a side by side test with the sanitams and the euro's yesterday.

Ran them through a simple edge to edge, detail, colors, etc off a tripod. Overall, I wasn't super impressed with them, they have a really touchy focus, horrible eye cups, and seem darker and more yellow in coloring than the meoptas.
Where did the Santiams stack up in your comparison?

WRO

WKR
Where did the Santiams stack up in your comparison?

I only looked at them in comparison to the Euro's, I've spent more time going over the Euro's vs the SLC HD and the Leupolds are not on the same level as either of those. The SLCHD's and Euros are a lot closer optically than the Santiams.

SLCHD
Meostar
Santiams

I second the Meopta being super close to the Swarovskis, I own a pair of 10x50 EL’s and color wise they are nearly identical to the Meoptas with the Meostars being slightly darker only because the exit pupil is a bit smaller than my swaros, but I’ve also compared to SLC and the Meoptas are damn near the same for around 2/3 the cost, even less if you can find them used or demo.

WRO

WKR
I second the Meopta being super close to the Swarovskis, I own a pair of 10x50 EL’s and color wise they are nearly identical to the Meoptas with the Meostars being slightly darker only because the exit pupil is a bit smaller than my swaros, but I’ve also compared to SLC and the Meoptas are damn near the same for around 2/3 the cost, even less if you can find them used or demo.
Yes and no, is say optically the meostar is very good. They lack a little in light transmission and CA control.

My areas where they lacking are ergonomics and weight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk