Really Right Stuff Tripod

I am doing some research on a tripod purchase for my new KOWA 883.

I am looking at : Outdoorsman medium, Gitzo Traveler, or my #1 suspect so far (Really Right Stuff).

I like the RRS because it has a machined base, and no reports of broken indexing tabs for the legs like the Gitzos, which are a cast base??
Also, the RRS don't have reports of broken twist lock parts like the Gitzos. The RRS are made in America !!!

I realize that there are 100s of Gitzos out there for every RRS, if not thousands. So that enters into the equation!!

Didn't I see somewhere that Aron had gone to the Outdoorsman because of some problem with the Gitzo leg adjustment parts??

I will be using this tripod in well below zero temps occasionally.

Thanks for any info

Bob

RCL

WKR
Can't comment on the RRS tripod, but do have a couple of their ballheads and the quality is top notch.
Been using some of their photography equipment for years and have been completely satisfied.

OP
BRobertson
Can't comment on the RRS tripod, but do have a couple of their ballheads and the quality is top notch.
Been using some of their photography equipment for years and have been completely satisfied.

Thanks for the comments, so far all the feedback seems to be pos. for the RRS tripods, EXCEPT FOR THE PRICES!!

Bob

OP
BRobertson
Is there anyone here that would like to comment about their experience with an Outdoorsman tripod and Swaro 95 size scope!!??

Is there anyone here that would like to comment about their experience with an Outdoorsman tripod and Swaro 95 size scope!!??
This may not be a popular opinion here, but I think the outdoorsman legs are massively over priced for what they are. There is no doubt they are well made, and outdoorsman is a great company and their heads are second to none in my eyes. But there are a lot of tripods out there just as good or better for the same or less money.
I have no experience with the 85 spotter, but have used a medium from outdoorsman and sold it shortly after. Nothing wrong with it, just didn’t see the value they were asking for it.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
From a Gitzo and Slik tripod user I couldn't agree more with you Tips. I love Outdoorsmans gear but the tripods have never interested me at the price they are asking for them, I feel there are so many other options out there for alot less that will do as good or better. My Gitzo Traveler with the Bird head is an awesome setup for me. Its great for my picture taking and for glassing. May not be the lightest option out there but for the quality I feel its on top of the list of great setups. Ive heard awesome stuff about the RRS gear also. I just cant see me paying that much. The Gitzo I got a great deal on locally from Craigslist. One of the best investments Ive ever made was a great tripod. Also run a Slik 634 with a Benro S2 head.

This may not be a popular opinion here, but I think the outdoorsman legs are massively over priced for what they are. There is no doubt they are well made, and outdoorsman is a great company and their heads are second to none in my eyes. But there are a lot of tripods out there just as good or better for the same or less money.
I have no experience with the 85 spotter, but have used a medium from outdoorsman and sold it shortly after. Nothing wrong with it, just didn’t see the value they were asking for it.

This was my experience with the outdoorsmans medium.